ROM [OFFICIAL][8.1.x] DiscoveryROM [OMS][High-Performance!]

Aug 6, 2017
@DiscoveryTeam just a casual question. I know asking for ETA is wrong. I just want to know how long it will take to discovery oreo to be as good as discovery nougat. I guess a lot of people have this question. Btw, i love your work, can't thank you guys enough.

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

Mixxer5

Nov 12, 2016
@DiscoveryTeam just a casual question. I know asking for ETA is wrong. I just want to know how long it will take to discovery oreo to be as good as discovery nougat. I guess a lot of people have this question. Btw, i love your work, can't thank you guys enough.

And what do you need? I'm using this ROM for a week now (or more) and I don't have ANY big problems. No kernel panic (black screen crash), no yellow tint, no lagging... Two minor problems are:
- notifications are automatically collapsed (not all, just some- i.e. Textra. But Rocket Player works fine),
- I had two silent crashes in apps... That said- I've no idea if that's rom's fault or apps fault.

All in all- this is BEST rom for ZUK Z2 I ever used.

EDIT:
[USER=2886 said:
@Mixxer5[/USER] did you clean flashed (all wipes except persist)? In case you still have problems with unlock try to disable ambient display always on (but keep active ambient on notification)
Sorry, I didn't notice your response. For some reason all my issues disappeared (save for notifications). And yes- I clean flashed.

yaskyy

Mar 10, 2017
"definitely WIFI issues!"

Hello, when I connect to wifi, phone just hang copletely out, screen is black, no responce, led is shining like 30%.
the only way to restart is to hold a power button for like a 10 sec or even more, and after restart, it the same problem just on start. so there are definitely WIFI issues!

Mixxer5

Nov 12, 2016
"definitely WIFI issues!"

Hello, when I connect to wifi, phone just hang copletely out, screen is black, no responce, led is shining like 30%.
the only way to restart is to hold a power button for like a 10 sec or even more, and after restart, it the same problem just on start. so there are definitely WIFI issues!
It's kernel panic, not wifi issue. You've instructions on how to avoid it in first post (flash clean rom with 1.7 baseband).

yaskyy

Mar 10, 2017
I have reinstalled ROM again with TWRP, then installe GAPPS for 8.1, then zuk_z2_baseband_2.0.079.zip

from here drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_e7IyAKmSLcTE0wdXcxdDhFb2c

it not helps,

please just tell how to flash clean rom with 1.7 baseband

I have installed this new ROM,
[OFFICIAL][8.1.x] DiscoveryROM

does not it have 1.7 baseband, why it so complicated?

basebands.... kernel panic

wth

Mixxer5

Nov 12, 2016
I have reinstalled ROM again with TWRP, then installe GAPPS for 8.1, then zuk_z2_baseband_2.0.079.zip

from here drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_e7IyAKmSLcTE0wdXcxdDhFb2c

it not helps,

please just tell how to flash clean rom with 1.7 baseband

I have installed this new ROM,
[OFFICIAL][8.1.x] DiscoveryROM

does not it have 1.7 baseband, why it so complicated?

basebands.... kernel panic

wth
!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!!
• It's better to do a clean install
• Update baseband to 1.7 (zui 2.5) otherwise turning on wifi will end in kernel panic
• Use 8.1 opengapps that you can find here: opengapps_xda
• If you want to use GoogleCam, best working apk is here: GoogleCamMod

ZUI 2.5 has to be installed FIRST. Then flash rom.

yaskyy

Mar 10, 2017
I dont understand what • Update baseband to 1.7 (zui 2.5) otherwise turning on wifi will end in kernel panic MEANS???

should i download official ZUI 2.5 ROW, flash it with TWRP?

Do you mean this?

It make no sence, i had on phone already installed discovery 7.1.2, I just wanted tu update system, and it just bricked the phone with WIFI kernel panic, whatever it means.

and what then?

install over that 2.5 ZUI discovery rom?

maybe I leave just ZUI 2.5....

yaskyy

Mar 10, 2017
Ok, here is just simple solution without any ZUI 2.5 ROM instalation:

source: forum.xda-developers.com/lenovo-zuk-z2/how-to/lenovo-z2-plus-zuk-z2-plus-baseband-t3713109

1. Download: drive.google.com/file/d/0B2CgYqnPbCh_Q2N0Vmd1d00ySFk/view
2.unpack archive
3.Load the phone into fastboot mode.
4.Connect to PC.
5.In the folder with the unpacked package: Run cmd and then flash_radios.bat - follow instruction on screen.
6.Reboot.

WIFI Works!!!!

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2017
as far as i know, this feature is present in aosp code but its only working in huawei nexus 6p
Oh okay? I just feel so uncomfortable with the high saturation display on game and media (pictures). The display color is different compares to Discovery 7.1.2 (i prefer this display). Is there any way for this problem?