ROM [OFFICIAL] [9.0] [TREBLE] AospExtended ROM V6.4

xxxneoxxx

Sep 5, 2017
I see there is a Pie 6.1 release available now of AEX, and i've read good things about it. Thinking about switching over. .

Any reason not to use AEX 6.1 yet? I'm using the lastest version of Redwolf in stead of TWRP. This isnt going to be an issue with flashing i guess?

Bonsai

Nov 5, 2018
Hi,
I installed v6.0 and via OTA v6.1 and v6.2.
Since v6.0 I can't change the carrier manually.
I can select manual search and the correct carrier, but the system goes back to automatic and change back to the foreign carrier.
System not rooted, no extra baseband or other tools installed.

Is it a bug, a feature or can I change something?

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hi,
I installed v6.0 and via OTA v6.1 and v6.2.
Since v6.0 I can't change the carrier manually.
I can select manual search and the correct carrier, but the system goes back to automatic and change back to the foreign carrier.
System not rooted, no extra baseband or other tools installed.

Is it a bug, a feature or can I change something?
Try to clean flash 6.2. See first post

xxxneoxxx

Sep 5, 2017
You cant mount vendor on red wolf nor flash vendor image.
Btw, I was having charging issue when I installed this rom with red wolf. Following that tutorial fixed it.
Ok, I'll go with Twrp then. :) Thanks for the insight and letting me know.
Is there a way to flash Twrp straight from Red Wolf recovery, or do I need to flash with qfil first again, and then Twrp it? Looked before for switching RW to Twrp but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on here about that.

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Ok, I'll go with Twrp then. :) Thanks for the insight and letting me know.
Is there a way to flash Twrp straight from Red Wolf recovery, or do I need to flash with qfil first again, and then Twrp it? Looked before for switching RW to Twrp but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on here about that.
You can just flash TWRP from adb, only flash zui with qfil if you have any bug after installing a custom rom.
You can follow this guide to flash twrp, start from step 18.

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Yeah i noticed.. After i was done flashing lol.

This version seems ok tho. Need to test some more but battery life already seems better than stock. Thanks for the guidance so far. Ill have to play with this some more. :)
This new update broke hotspot and screen mirror but davide is already working on a fix

Last edited: