ROM [OFFICIAL] [9.0] [TREBLE] AospExtended ROM V6.4

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
I have found something interesting.. Maybe disabling "keep awake" on some apps will increase battery life.
Screenshot_20190124-221936_Configura��es.png Screenshot_20190124-221854_Configura��es.png
Slide the notification bar and hold the gear icon (or settings - extensions) then click on System - App Ops

Btw maybe you all know it already, but you can kill an app in recents, just pressing the icon will show you options.

Attachments

xxxneoxxx

Sep 5, 2017
Yeah i found the keep awake option already. Im wondering if choosing 'kill' in recent apps isnt the same as closing it by swiping it up.

Last edited:

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Yeah i found the keep awake option al ready. Im wonderi g if choosing 'kill' in recent apps isnt tge same as closing it by swiling it up.
No it isnt the same. Try on alarm, if you just slide, it will still ring, killing it will not (see the alarm icon in notification bar)

xxxneoxxx

Sep 5, 2017
Lol tried it already. Even with a reboot, the options keeo awake and both run in background disabled doesnt stop the app from working.

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Lol tried it already. Even with a reboot, the options keeo awake and both run in background disabled doesnt stop the app from working.
Just the auto start dont, you have to disable the "keep awake" and "run in background" too and reboot.
Worked for me. I set the alarm 18:45, it is already and didnt ring

18:50 Now, I opened the app and it rang the snooze

Attachments

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017
Im using a magisk xposed mod. Need riru core to work but I didnt have time to test xposed modules yet, so Idk if it is really working on pie, but, it is installed as you can see. No Boot loop

Download and install xposed apk then this xposed mod and riru core (both magisk modules to flash with twrp)

When you enable riru modules, they will crash all camera apps, so disable them first to use camera.
Hi bruneba, that magisk module (riru core) is killing my flashlight, I can't enable it. Is it happening to you too?

Enviado desde mi ZUK Z2121 mediante Tapatalk

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
How to swipe between apps like in stock Zui

Download and install with TWRP the zip Recent Swipe for Pie on this thread

then download ES File Explorer, grant it root permission and go to /vendor/usr/keylayout/ and edit the file fpc1020tp.kl
(*Or just replace the one I attached*)

key 158 BACK VIRTUAL
key 249 APP_SWITCH
key 183 HOME VIRTUAL
key 254 APP_SWITCH

Reboot and go to phone settings, extensions, system, buttons and set buttons:

Tap
Longpress action:
Select application- activities- recent swipe - in.abhi9.recentswipo.SwipeRightActivity

Right swipe
Single tap action:
Select application - activities- recent swipe - in.abhi9.recentswipo.SwipeLeftActivity

Attachments

Jun 21, 2017
How to swipe between apps like in stock Zui

Download and install with TWRP the zip Recent Swipe for Pie on this thread

then download ES File Explorer, grant it root permission and go to /vendor/usr/keylayout/ and edit the file fpc1020tp.kl
(*Or just replace the one I attached*)

key 158 BACK VIRTUAL
key 249 APP_SWITCH
key 183 HOME VIRTUAL
key 254 APP_SWITCH

Reboot and go to phone settings, extensions, system, buttons and set buttons:

Tap
Longpress action:
Select application- activities- recent swipe - in.abhi9.recentswipo.SwipeRightActivity

Right swipe
Single tap action:
Select application - activities- recent swipe - in.abhi9.recentswipo.SwipeLeftActivity
Hi bruneba, I was trying to do it the way you said and it didn't work because both right swipe (key 249) and left swipe (key 254) are linked to APP_SWITCH, which in your case means "in.abhi9.recentswipo.SwipeRightActivity" while long press back button is remapped to HOME, which means that you're losing that function if you like it to display recents, as me.
Any other way to do it?

EDIT: just made it following the xda guy's recomendation, using the remapper app. I don't like having another app installed but it's working perfectly.

Last edited:

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hi bruneba, I was trying to do it the way you said and it didn't work because both right swipe (key 249) and left swipe (key 254) are linked to APP_SWITCH, which in your case means "in.abhi9.recentswipo.SwipeRightActivity" while long press back button is remapped to HOME, which means that you're losing that function if you like it to display recents, as me.
Any other way to do it?

EDIT: just made it following the xda guy's recomendation, using the remapper app. I don't like having another app installed but it's working perfectly.
Good to know that using an app worked for you, it didnt for me.
Editing the file then setting buttons worked fine here.
Just set one to SwipeRightActivity, and the other to SwipeLeftActivity in extensions after editing the file. The function that I lost is only long tap (actually it goes to home when I long tap), long press is setting to recents here and when I just press the button it goes to home.

Last edited:

hahatulk

Sep 12, 2018
Good to know that using an app worked for you, it didnt for me.
Editing the file then setting buttons worked fine here.
Just set one to SwipeRightActivity, and the other to SwipeLeftActivity in extensions after editing the file. The function that I lost is only long tap (actually it goes to home when I long tap), long press is setting to recents here and when I just press the button it goes to home.
Have you tested kernels on AEX 6.2? If yes, which is best for battery life?

Jun 21, 2017
Have you tested kernels on AEX 6.2? If yes, which is best for battery life?
I'm using lkt magisk module and I modified the startup and keep awake permissions from some apps and my battery life has seriously improved. Try that out

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
I'm using lkt magisk module and I modified the startup and keep awake permissions from some apps and my battery life has seriously improved. Try that out

I was using that too. Uninstalled today