ROM [Official] ArrowOS Android 9 for Z2 Pro

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Hi mates,

thanks to @kubersharma we can proudly announce there is a new CustomRom for our Z2 Pro.

Since it is Official you can download it here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/arrow-os/files/arrow-9.x/z2_row/

It is factory-based. If you are coming from ZUI you can just flash this Rom

If you are coming from a Vendor-based Rom (you had flashed factory2vendor.zip before) you need to go back to factory first, which means you need to flash vendor2factory.zip first.

Tested it with MagisK 19. Works good.

Selinux Enforcing.

Enjoy the Rom, it is worth it.

Testing and support group for z2_plus and z2_row.

Link to group chat:
https://t.me/joinchat/Iuhd60v-vwihggQBWwXy0w

All credits to @kubersharma

Last edited:

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
I tested a bit now with different Z2 Pro devices, all clean flashed.

There are differences between mainboards (tested with same battery) and of course between different batteries.

I use DualSim and will get something like 5 hours SoT now. That's pretty good.

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
I want to use Android Pie ROMs with my phone but battery life on MIUI Nougat is so good that it keeps me away from all other ROMs. 5 hours SoT is not so bad actually, I might give it a try. But still MIUI 10 Nougat is the king when it comes to battery life, I constantly get 6-7 hours SoT. I replaced my battery 3 months ago so maybe this ROM can give me still good battery life with that kernel. Thanks for sharing this ROM @weimerd

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
I want to use Android Pie ROMs with my phone but battery life on MIUI Nougat is so good that it keeps me away from all other ROMs. 5 hours SoT is not so bad actually, I might give it a try. But still MIUI 10 Nougat is the king when it comes to battery life, I constantly get 6-7 hours SoT. I replaced my battery 3 months ago so maybe this ROM can give me still good battery life with that kernel. Thanks for sharing this ROM @weimerd

5 hours Sot with DualSim is pretty the max you can get.

6-7 are possible with only one sim card

nick234242

Oct 9, 2017

From where did u get a battery?

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
Doesn't matter, they are as good as original. when it comes to Chinese brands what is original what is fake, all the same.
One exact brand was recommended by the people who used that battery here is good, I bought that one

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
I wanted to give it a try , i installed this ROM but i have 2 problems;

1- I couldn't find a working Gcam port , anyone installed this ROM could recommend one? With night sight and portrait mode working.
2-As i can see there is no face unlock feature embedded into ROM, is there a workaround to make it work again?

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
I wanted to give it a try , i installed this ROM but i have 2 problems;

1- I couldn't find a working Gcam port , anyone installed this ROM could recommend one? With night sight and portrait mode working.
2-As i can see there is no face unlock feature embedded into ROM, is there a workaround to make it work again?

Gcam problem solved, I found a working port.
Port seems quite stable , only thing is there is no modification options like in RR ROMs

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
Ok during 1 day usage of this ROM I can definitely say that battery life is too bad compared to MIUI. It's very unfortunate because I really liked this ROM, it is very fast and really stable so far , I didn't find any bugs. I tried with custom kernel that was suggested here as well but no change on battery life, I can barely reach to 5 hours max , 4-4.5 hours will be the average I guess, in MIUI Nougat average is 6 hours for me at least.

And especially when using HDR+ on Gcam , battery drains crazy. I think if I will take 10 photos at night time with night sight feature, battery can drain at least 30% , that's quite annoying.

But I should still say this ROM is really good apart from battery life, good work!