OTA update solution for noobs (like me)

Jul 28, 2016
I'm not a tech guy. And searcing the forums I see that I'm not alone.
So for those who are interested I have a good news: there is a simple solution for our upgrade fail with "no internet connection". I found today an interesting line, saying "OTA is only available in China". I thought that let's give this idea a chance.
So I travelled to Zhejiang via Flyvpn, and chose a server there. I cleaned the remaining of my previous update struggles (settings/advanced settings/ Applications / Sys Upd ==> Force stop + Clear Data) then nothing else remains but: System Update.
It worked for me and was simple.
Good luck.

Jul 28, 2016
Doesn't work. I did that several times without success.

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk
Is your firmware a multilanguage one? Have you applied any modifications on your phone before? As far as I know these things can cause problems. If not any of them then this upgrade issue is really a weird one.

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk

Balvenie

Aug 12, 2016
So for those who are interested I have a good news: there is a simple solution for our upgrade fail with "no internet connection". I found today an interesting line, saying "OTA is only available in China". I thought that let's give this idea a chance.
So I travelled to Zhejiang via Flyvpn, and chose a server there. I cleaned the remaining of my previous update struggles (settings/advanced settings/ Applications / Sys Upd ==> Force stop + Clear Data) then nothing else remains but: System Update.
Good luck.
Donat, you ARE a tech guy!
Travelling to Zhejiang via Flyvpn, stopping Sys Upd and clear data ... Done!
Great, thank you for that idea.
(Sent from ZUK Z2 Pro 2.0.057 ST)

Jul 14, 2016
Good luck.
It works for me, thank you for this solution...

Jul 28, 2016
Eh....i am a layman too, so:
What do i have to do for "traveling to Zhejiang via Flyvpn" and then choose a server?

Can someone tell me what to do exectly?

Thanks
Install Flyvpn from Google Play and choose Zhejiang there. It will locate you in China so you can update your system that way (don't skip sysupdate forced stop+clean cache).

Alexzui

Jul 30, 2016
Rotterdam, Netherlands
It doesn't work unfortunately. I have 2.0.069 st. Is there an update by the way? system update says there is.
Still no internet connection. Forced stop the update app, cleared cache, rebooted device, opened FlyVPN app and did what i had to do.