Problem: not charging anymore

Mar 29, 2017
Hi,

I have a ZUK Z2 Pro with ZUI (the latest I dont remember the version) I realized that from some weeks on, the fast charge does not work anymore and it also only charges when it is on. Anyhow I kept using it as I currently have no time to play around with it.

But today the battery reached 0 and since then I am unable to charge it, as it does no charge when off. It loops, the charging symbol shows up, then disspears, then comes again, always at 0.

I was able to enter fastboot mode with the phone connected but it does not seem to charge.

If I restart from there, I also does no seem to charge at all and when I try to use it, I never go further than the PIN, and then it dies.

Any ideas? Before doing a hard reset I would like to back up some files if possible.

Thanks

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
Have seen this issue before but I can't remember what the solution was... :(

Did you try cleaning the USB connector ?!
What was your batterylife like before all of this ? Good/Bad ?!

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Hi,

I have a ZUK Z2 Pro with ZUI (the latest I dont remember the version) I realized that from some weeks on, the fast charge does not work anymore and it also only charges when it is on. Anyhow I kept using it as I currently have no time to play around with it.

But today the battery reached 0 and since then I am unable to charge it, as it does no charge when off. It loops, the charging symbol shows up, then disspears, then comes again, always at 0.

I was able to enter fastboot mode with the phone connected but it does not seem to charge.

If I restart from there, I also does no seem to charge at all and when I try to use it, I never go further than the PIN, and then it dies.

Any ideas? Before doing a hard reset I would like to back up some files if possible.

Thanks
usual solutions would be:

1. clean usb port. There is compressed dirt inside, needsto be scratched out.

2. buy a new short USB-C cable. USB-C cables seems to not work anymore after some time.

3. Change to a powerful charger, but do not use QC 3.0 charging anymore. This will make your battery die too early

4. most probably your battery just died. Change it easily by buying a new one from aliexpress. Lehehe brand is good to go. Other brands may not charge or will provide a bad capacity. Dont believe on capacity stickers ;)

Good luck mate!

Mar 14, 2017
Algeria
Listen let it on charger for 2 days (48hours), i think your charging port or circuit is broken, and the battery doesn't charge as fast as it would be, you must change the battery and the circuit but for the moment let it on charger as i said, i hope it will work