Problem with jack port

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
Why not? There is a lot of sellers that sells repairs samsung phones, and I have seen many people complaining about banggood. I think that sure a possibility.
Where ? About what ?
BTW, I bought 3 zuk z2 pro.
Two from dx.com and one from bangood.
The one from bangood was the only one that didnt come with sealing tape
Sealing tape as in... ?

As far as I could tell at the time my phone was 100% new and another one ordered by a friend too :)

PhunkyBob

Jul 3, 2017
Banggood tells me I can send the phone back for exchange.
As I have already paid 46 EUR of duty taxes the first time, I fear to have to pay them again when they will send me the new one...

I don't know if I keep my defective device or if I take the risk (and wait for 6 more weeks to have a phone).
This phone will have cost me more than a brand new S7 bought in a brick & mortar!

@bruneba : my ZUK also was delivered in its box, but not sealed.

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Banggood tells me I can send the phone back for exchange.
As I have already paid 46 EUR of duty taxes the first time, I fear to have to pay them again when they will send me the new one...

I don't know if I keep my defective device or if I take the risk (and wait for 6 more weeks to have a phone).
This phone will have cost me more than a brand new S7 bought in a brick & mortar!

@bruneba : my ZUK also was delivered in its box, but not sealed.
Yes, mine sent from bangood wasnt sealed too, but the other two I bought from DX.com was.

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
I dont know the name in english. But is was an official zuk sealing tape
What I mean is what kind of seal :
- Completely around the box ?
- Partially around the box ? (Mine had 4 small seal parts in the middle of each side I believe...)
- Protection plastic on the phone it self ? (Not the screenprotector!)

I would really like to know this :)

sanjay0501

Jun 9, 2017
- Partially around the box ? (Mine had 4 small seal parts in the middle of each side I believe...)

For my phone which I bought from joybuy.com last month. It came in white official box fully sealed with plastic all around and it can only be sealed this way in the factory and not by any vendor.
Incidentally it came with official zui 2.3 and updates were delivered immediately without VPN to 2.5.335 (1.1 GB) and then to 2.5.435 (40 mb upgrade) and phonen working fine so far.
Also great battery backup so far.
Screenshot_2017-07-08-13-40-02-1453176315.png

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017

Just like @sanjay0501 said :)

PhunkyBob

Jul 3, 2017

Mugen

Feb 10, 2017
PhunkyBob, I have the exact same problem as you, the audio does not redirect to the headphones, and when I force it with that app, it plays like inside a cave. Did you find a solution for this? I'm considering buying the jack pcb on AliExpress and replacing it, but I still don't know if that would solve it...

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Phones arent working fine for you on stock rom? I bought a headphone yesterday and it is working fine on custom rom RR O v6. Same with a Samsung S7 phone and bluetooth.

Try a custom rom before replacing anything on your device.

Mugen

Feb 10, 2017
Phones arent working fine for you on stock rom? I bought a headphone yesterday and it is working fine on custom rom RR O v6. Same with a Samsung S7 phone and bluetooth.

Try a custom rom before replacing anything on your device.
I'm currently using Pacrom. I didn't have the problem before with both roms, stock and custom, so I think the problem started because of stress on the jack port, like walking with the phone on the front pocket. The problem started in a less serious stage, where the jack did "work". When I plugged an earphone in, it worked fine until anything touched the connected jack, even with the slightest force. Then the sound would become just the way I said, like in a cave, or sometimes it would stop playing sound and trigger the "volume down" or/and "play/pause" actions on the phone constantly.

Another weird thing about this is that there are days that when I plug the earphones in, the phone doesn't even recognize them, and on other days I can plug them in and they work perfectly for up to 1~2 hours before the problem kicks in, which further reinforces my ideia that its a hardware problem I'm dealiung with...

I'm assuming its a problem with the either the jack pcb or only the jack port in my Z2. If I don't figure the cause soon enough, I'm gonna buy a replacement one and test and see if that really was the cause. However, since I bought the phone off of Banggood too, and given the semi-rare and weird nature of the problem, I don't know if even replacing only that pcb would be enough....