RadioModem / Basebands Z2 Pro only

dj_pustak

Mar 14, 2018
Does anyone know which version is the best for getting hd voice ? I don't mean VoLTE, just hd voice. I use sim card from T-Mobile in Poland. It doesn't matter which system I'm using (ZUI 3.5, Resurrection 6.0, AEX 5.4) voice calls are in poor quality. Currently I have installed 5.4 with AEX from April 17, and system is excellent, except there is no hd voice.

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Does anyone know which version is the best for getting hd voice ? I don't mean VoLTE, just hd voice. I use sim card from T-Mobile in Poland. It doesn't matter which system I'm using (ZUI 3.5, Resurrection 6.0, AEX 5.4) voice calls are in poor quality. Currently I have installed 5.4 with AEX from April 17, and system is excellent, except there is no hd voice.
hd voice is VoLTE.

edit: u are right. I was wrong.

HD voice independent from LTE. In Germany we have an enhanced HD voice as well which is only working in LTE networks.

Anyway, I need to check HD voice.

dj_pustak

Mar 14, 2018
hd voice is VoLTE.

edit: u are right. I was wrong.

HD voice independent from LTE. In Germany we have an enhanced HD voice as well which is only working in LTE networks.

Anyway, I need to check HD voice.
We also have VoLTE in Poland, but it is available only for some phones. Were you able to check that hd voice works? Here, it works only in 3G network and call quality is much better than 2G.

Arathorn

Apr 26, 2018
Some basic questions about basebands:
1. Is it recommended to install basebands if you installed the latest ZUI?
Is it recommended to install basebands if you installed a custom ROM?

Kmar0

Nov 25, 2017
Hi guys !

I have the AEX 5.4 rom and sometimes I do a clean wipe before installing a new update version, so I flash the rom then the gapps do a wipe and flash the baseband but :

Is it necessary do to that after flashing the basenand with twpr??

- Extract .zip of baseband ---- I suppose on my pc!
- Reboot to fastboot

fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash modem NON-HLOS.bin (this file is from .zip baseband)
fastboot -i 0x2b4c erase modemst1
fastboot -i 0x2b4c erase modemst2
fastboot -i 0x2b4c reboot

Thanks!

Kmar0

Nov 25, 2017
Ooohhh f...k yes sorry!!!

And anyone have tried the last baseband? long time? Any problems with it?

Thank!

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Last version works good. For me Wifi handshake was a bit worse compared with 3.1.194 baseband.

I use a wifi router and a repeater in my house. If using last baseband the phone tries to switch quite often between repeater and main router resulting in network losses often.
On 3.1.194 baseband the wifi is not that aggressive so I have wifi stable all the time here.

So it depends a bit on your wifi setup which baseband would be better for you.
For me personally I use 3.1.194 baseband with best results.

Jun 24, 2017
Hi Everyone.I m using a 3.5.344 Rom and i'm having problems with data roaming which uncheck itself automatically.Actually i don't know what would flash a new baseband do.Could someone explain me?Do you think it could solve my problem?And last thing.Can i install a different version baseband on a rom?I mean...for example the 3.1.194 baseband on the 3.5.344 Rom,since with the 3.1.194 i didn't have this problems.Thanks anyone for the answer!

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
added Radio Modem Full Version 4.0.191 DEV, see first post.

all credits to @crisps as always, thx mate :)

I'm using this RadioModem with my daily driver. It works pretty good, VoLTE is working perfect in Germany. No issues so far.
Used it with latest RR 6.1 and NitrogenOS beta.