RadioModem / Basebands Z2 Pro only

Jun 15, 2018
Excuse me, I'm a little noob. What Radio Modem/Baseband is for?
I'm updating from RR 6.1 to RR 6.2.1 and I'm reading about a lot of issues with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in this Rom Version, does flashing a new Radio Modem/Baseband correct this? I can flash any baseband or depends on the Android Version?

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
Had to open up phone to change the battery over the weekend; since then, I've noticed the phone can only sustain a 3G/H+ signal. I've tried the fix cited in the first post several times, and I've tried flashing several basebands several times, all to no avail. At best, after trying the fastboot fix, I get the 4G to hold for a few seconds at start up before it drops back to 3G.

I noticed three tiny gold clips falling around whilst changing the battery and suspect this has something to do with it. That said, the problem persist even after replacing the missing ones with those from another phone.

So, any idea what could be causing this?

mggiomix

Oct 16, 2019
I have installed all the latest versions of the modems listed in this thread but the problem has not been solved. Especially when they are indoors, the signal is lost and the connection is also completely absent and the phone is completely unusable. Do you have solutions that can solve the problem permanently? which custom rom install?

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
I have installed all the latest versions of the modems listed in this thread but the problem has not been solved. Especially when they are indoors, the signal is lost and the connection is also completely absent and the phone is completely unusable. Do you have solutions that can solve the problem permanently? which custom rom install?
seems more a hardware issue here.
Did you replace battery already? If you did maybe a connector of antenna is not fixed properly.
Check antenna and antenna connection inside.

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk

brokkon

Sep 29, 2017
Maybe you have a hardware issue as said by weimerd. I think my problem was the same. "Fortunately", I broke my phone before the bad spirit. Back to xiaomi ;-)

mggiomix

Oct 16, 2019
it's strange because when I'm in an open environment the phone works properly. I didn't change the battery. I never changed the battery

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
it's strange because when I'm in an open environment the phone works properly. I didn't change the battery. I never changed the battery
maybe only your operator changed something at your station? I mean: maybe it is not the phone that changed but your operator did something?

mggiomix

Oct 16, 2019
maybe only your operator changed something at your station? I mean: maybe it is not the phone that changed but your operator did something?

I changed operator to virtual operator but the same sim card on another phone works very well

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
I changed operator to virtual operator but the same sim card on another phone works very well
well, then you could try:

Flash ZUI 1.9 using qfil.
Update to latest ZUI.
Check signal on latest ZUI then.

If it is still bad then it seems to be a hardware problem of your phone. I would point to the antenna cable.

For flashing ZUI 1.9 and update to latest ZUI see instructions on forum ;)

mggiomix

Oct 16, 2019
well, then you could try:

Flash ZUI 1.9 using qfil.
Update to latest ZUI.
Check signal on latest ZUI then.

If it is still bad then it seems to be a hardware problem of your phone. I would point to the antenna cable.

For flashing ZUI 1.9 and update to latest ZUI see instructions on forum ;)

I'll let you know as soon as it's done. thanks to you

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
after following your advice and using and flashing the phone this will not turn on anymore. do you have any advice to give me to recover the mobile at least to turn it on. thanks
usually flashing ZUI 1.9 using qfil following the instructions is THE absolute recovery solution.
So please follow the steps again.
If you can't manage to get into EDL mode just start qfil, load ZUI 1.9, connect your phone by usb and press and hold power button. It may take up to three minutes for EDL mode to show up on qfil. As soon as it shows you may release power button and press download button in qfil.

mggiomix

Oct 16, 2019
usually flashing ZUI 1.9 using qfil following the instructions is THE absolute recovery solution.
So please follow the steps again.
If you can't manage to get into EDL mode just start qfil, load ZUI 1.9, connect your phone by usb and press and hold power button. It may take up to three minutes for EDL mode to show up on qfil. As soon as it shows you may release power button and press download button in qfil.

it doesn't work and doesn't even go into recovery mode. the phone is bricked