[RECOVERY] Official TWRP 3.1.0 for Zuk Z2/ Lenovo Z2 Plus

varotone

Jan 26, 2017

Disclaimer
Code:
/**
*  What you do with your device is your choice.
*  None of the developers of this software will be held accountable for any damages to your device or to third parties.
*  You should know this by now.
**/

What's this?

This is TeamWin Recovery Project for our ZUK Z2 / Lenovo Z2 Plus (z2_plus, z2131, z2132).

I recently became the maintainer for the official TWRP images, and as such I am opening this thread to centralize all support/questions.

Known Issues
  • Decryption is not working on the currently available public image. It's already fixed on test builds and will be published soon enough.

Requirements
  • Unlocked bootloader
  • Common sense and a Z2 :p

Downloads, changelogs, installation info
All of this info can be found at the official info page.
If you use fastboot to install TWRP, you may have to specify a vendor ID in the commandline, like so:
Code:
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot -i 0x2b4c reboot
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are some of the downloads on the download page much bigger than others? Which ones should I use?
I only recently became the maintainer for the official images, and I changed the sources in doing so. This means that I do not know why the images built by the previous maintainer weigh more. You should always use the latest one available.

Why are some of the downloads for z2 and others for z2_plus? Which ones should I use?
The previous maintainer used the z2 codename, whereas I am using z2_plus because it's the standard most devs are using nowadays. Again, you should always use the latest image available.

Does this recovery support f2fs?
Yes, yes it does.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2017
I've always installed recoveries through fastboot, am I correct in guessing it can also be installed through the official TWRP app instead?

Mar 4, 2017
One thing, when you try to install OpenGapps aroma version, the screen is upside down. Don't know if is the install or the recovery.

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using Tapatalk
The latest official version of TWRP don't have any problems with AROMA, I tried it with OpenGapps :)

Enviado desde mi Z2 Plus mediante Tapatalk

zackes

Jan 17, 2017
I've always installed recoveries through fastboot, am I correct in guessing it can also be installed through the official TWRP app instead?
With their official app is super easy. Just grant root to the app, choose the .img file and flash. No reboot necessary.

alexkti

Feb 11, 2017
Does the official twrp support f2fs? If so, is the process of converting any different in comparison with Fedor's one?

Dank05

Apr 30, 2017
Hi! I'm just worry to mistake. I'm using the TWRP app. I downloaded the 3.1.0-3.
Now the "TWRP flash" screen tells "Current device: z2" and "select file for flashing to device: No file to flash". So if I try to tap "flash to recovery", pops up a "please select a file first".
So, is this the right way to update TWRP version? What am I missing? Maybe I have to move the downloaded file?
Thank you!

Edit: really sorry, I swear, I was becoming crazy, but I just see that I was missing to tap "select a file to flash". I was thinking that the second step of "select device" was the file selecting. Maybe a little mod of UI will help other people. I just was a dumb, sorry

Inviato dal mio Z2 Plus utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

zackes

Jan 17, 2017
Hi! I'm just worry to mistake. I'm using the TWRP app. I downloaded the 3.1.0-3.
Now the "TWRP flash" screen tells "Current device: z2" and "select file for flashing to device: No file to flash". So if I try to tap "flash to recovery", pops up a "please select a file first".
So, is this the right way to update TWRP version? What am I missing? Maybe I have to move the downloaded file?
Thank you!

Edit: really sorry, I swear, I was becoming crazy, but I just see that I was missing to tap "select a file to flash". I was thinking that the second step of "select device" was the file selecting. Maybe a little mod of UI will help other people. I just was a dumb, sorry

Inviato dal mio Z2 Plus utilizzando Tapatalk
you need to download the .IMG file to the device, than select this file on the TWRP flash screen. Only after that you can click "Flash to recovery"

zackes

Jan 17, 2017
Today I reinstalled TWRP from a stock ROM and I see that some things are a bit confusing coming from ZUI stock:

first, you have to do "adb reboot bootloader" before using the fastboot commands (which most people know, but some don't).
second, typing "fastboot -i 0x2b4c reboot" doesn't work since ZUI will overwrite TWRP recovery on the reboot with the stock recovery. You have to flash the recovery and then select "Recovery mode" with the volume buttons (on the phone) and press Power. Only after that the phone will boot into TWRP and not be overwritten by ZUI stock.