[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][TREBLE]Red Wolf Recovery Project

May 26, 2018
all option are there....
Only new look...
take a look around
Still nothing. Went through all the menus and can't see some of the options. For example to install SU/Magisk, change the colors, use Aroma file manager, etc. Hmm.... Is there a box to be ticked somewhere in the menus to enable advanced options?

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Still nothing. Went through all the menus and can't see some of the options. For example to install SU/Magisk, change the colors, use Aroma file manager, etc. Hmm.... Is there a box to be ticked somewhere in the menus to enable advanced options?
Hm.. Just go to option "install" and install a zip file or img

Sep 5, 2017
OK, noob here.. Used one of the guides here to unlock the bootloader and subsequently flash RWRP.. Using the guide to flash twrp since from what I understand its almost the same.. So, when I biit I get a boot menu and have several options. However, none of these options seem to boot to RWRP.. Am I missing something?

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
OK, noob here.. Used one of the guides here to unlock the bootloader and subsequently flash RWRP.. Using the guide to flash twrp since from what I understand its almost the same.. So, when I biit I get a boot menu and have several options. However, none of these options seem to boot to RWRP.. Am I missing something?
Unlock bootloader, flash the red wolf image, reboot your phone and on that 5sec screen, press volume button. You have to choose "recovery" then it will boot to red wolf recovery

Sep 5, 2017
Unlock bootloader, flash the red wolf image, reboot your phone and on that 5sec screen, press volume button. You have to choose "recovery" then it will boot to red wolf recovery
Yeah, that's what I thought.. Tried that. The Zuk vibrates, reboots and I end up in a menu where I have to choose a language, Chinese or English.. Choose English, and I get 3 options.. But it doesn't look like Wolf recovery.

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Yeah, that's what I thought.. Tried that. The Zuk vibrates, reboots and I end up in a menu where I have to choose a language, Chinese or English.. Choose English, and I get 3 options.. But it doesn't look like Wolf recovery.
It is the zui recovery.
What did you do to flash the custom recovery?

Sep 5, 2017
It is the zui recovery.
What did you do to flash the custom recovery?
I followed the twrp guide..But used the rwrp image file. So, downloaded the IMG file, and using adb:

fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash recovery twrp.img

Renamed the rwrp IMG file to twrp.IMG to match the comandline and it said the flash was successful. I did however perform this on a newly installed 3.5.388.

Basically, I followed this thread:
https://zukfans.eu/community/threads/howto-unlock-bootloader-and-get-twrp-on-zuk-z2-pro.7707/

Perhaps something did go wrong and output was wrong when it said flash was succesfull? I did notice the androidfilehost that hosts the files was being super buggy and cancelled several downloads I did before multiple times. Can the flashing of the RWRP recovery file be performed several times? Perhaps the recovery file itself is bad or something.

Last edited:

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
I followed the twrp guide..But used the rwrp image file. So, downloaded the IMG file, and using adb:

fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash recovery twrp.img

Renamed the rwrp IMG file to twrp.IMG to match the comandline and it said the flash was successful. I did however perform this on a newly installed 3.5.388.
Ok, just to be sure..

You connect the phone to pc, open the adb fastboot program and type "adb devices"
Then after the adb find your device you type "adb reboot bootloader"

The phone will reboot to fastboot screen.

Then you type "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"

As the twrp.img is the renamed red wolf image that is inside the adb and fastboot folder.

Is that what you did?

Try this way.

Sep 5, 2017
OK, currently not home but will try again when I get home later after redownloading the IMG file just to be sure. Also, sounds about what I did so I'll try that again and let you know. Thanks again Bruneba.

Sep 5, 2017
Hi Bruneba, redownloaded the file (this time it downloaded fast without any interruptions..) and tried your method.. Got the same issue I had this afternoon.. ADB waiting for device.. So I retried just now but using the fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash recovery twrp.img commandline.. Second attempt and after that I do get the Red Wolf recovery. Maybe the image file got damaged in some way during the first tries of downloading it from androidfilehost or something, I don't know.. Anyways.. It works with this attempt so.. Thanks again, u r a lifesaver. :) I was starting to think I was doing something wrong whehe.

did you unlock bootloader?
Yep, I did.. Qfilled to 1.9, updated all the way to the lasts Zui version, performed OEM unlock using the settings menu.. Cheched the update setting in the menu to be sure that it said I can't update because of OEM unlock/bootloader unlock (which actually says u can't update because you are rooted which is technically incorrect :p) so I was starting to doubt myself haha. Guess the image file was wrong in some way.. Althouggh, weirdly enough, the second attempt, the output of flashing the IMG file was the same as with the first try:

C:\adb>fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash recovery twrp.img
target reported max download size of 1610612736 bytes
sending 'recovery' (22236 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.499s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.169s]
finished. total time: 0.671s

C:\adb>fastboot -i 0x2b4c reboot
rebooting...
finished. total time: 0.008s

But it works now so.. Yay! :)

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hi Bruneba, redownloaded the file (this time it downloaded fast without any interruptions..) and tried your method.. Got the same issue I had this afternoon.. ADB waiting for device.. So I retried just now but using the fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash recovery twrp.img commandline.. Second attempt and after that I do get the Red Wolf recovery. Maybe the image file got damaged in some way during the first tries of downloading it from androidfilehost or something, I don't know.. ANyways.. It works with this attempt so.. Thanks again, u r a lifesaver. :) I was starting to think I was doing something wrong whehe.
Nice! good to know it is working fine now ;)

ivass

Mar 11, 2017
Brussels/Sofia
Somebody told me that this recovery can install official zui Ota? Let's say I decide to stay with zui 3.5 and install this. I guess I will still download otas? Thanks

Sent from my ZUK Z2131 using Tapatalk

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Somebody told me that this recovery can install official zui Ota? Let's say I decide to stay with zui 3.5 and install this. I guess I will still download otas? Thanks

Sent from my ZUK Z2131 using Tapatalk
It will install if you have a full OTA file.

crisps

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Aug 28, 2016
Hi there!... it is any chance to "update" Red Wolf by flashing a ZIP???
if you want to update red wolf... Just flash the img file via red wolf....

In Red Wolf you can flash img file....
But. beware to choose right partition...
(choose recovery partition)

Mar 22, 2017
Europe
  • Based on TWRP version: 3.2.1
  • For devices: Z2 PRO, Z2121, Z2_ROW
Features:
- Built-in latest Magisk, SuperSU & AromaFM

Some differences to the official version:
Code:
[B][COLOR="red"]- get out of here if you are pirating apps. this recovery is not for you[/COLOR][/B]
- always up-to-date with the latest TWRP changes

No TWRP v3.2.3 support yet with OTA fix for encrypted devices ?

Why this warning about pirating apps?  Are there limitations or just an angry rant by a gr8 dev ?