Replacement battery

Mar 1, 2017
Has anyone purchased a Replacement battery for the Z2 and can report on the quality, especially in comparison to the original battery?

I am not sure if the batteries listed on ebay, aliexpress etc. are original.

Best

maxheavens

Aug 29, 2016
Has anyone purchased a Replacement battery for the Z2 and can report on the quality, especially in comparison to the original battery?

I am not sure if the batteries listed on ebay, aliexpress etc. are original.

Best
Mine is good...same duration

Inviato dal mio Z2 Plus utilizzando Tapatalk

Pavle

Mar 20, 2017
Belgrade
There are a lot of replacement batteries on aliexpress (not the original batteries), there is even one with claimed capacity of 4100 mah.
This thread could make sense keeping in mind that the z2 still is a heck of a phone but with aging parts like the battery

DarkWinterCloud

Jan 20, 2017
Brasil
www.profixstore.com.br

DarkWinterCloud

Jan 20, 2017
Brasil
www.profixstore.com.br
Theres a lot of batteries on the market but you have to keep in mind 3 things:

1- when buying parts on Aliexpress, Ebay, Amazon, etc, you need to first ask the seller the quality grade of the part, they can be:

Original (almost impossible to get unless you are buying direct from the factory, so dont believe on the "original battery" ones that appears on those shops

OEM Parts (parts produced by others manufacturers with the same components as the original ones, tends to have the same quality as the original

AAA Parts or AAA+ (parts produced based on the same quality as the original but the manufacturing process and quality checking is less judicious, tends to not perform as the original)

A Parts (parts produced with low quality components, normally are super cheap, have a bad quality overall and dont function as intended, batteries with that quality will not work for long time)

2- When you see "replacement" on the title of the product, this means that the parts can be AAA or A, they tend to never have a good quality

3- Sellers will always try to sell his products, so even if you ask then the quality, they will always tell that it is the top notch of the market.

The solution?
There's none. I work in a repair shop for about 3 years, I purchase the parts and as soon as I get a really good part quality, I stick with this seller for a long period... Saddly, I repair iPhones, so I cant suggest an good Lenovo parts reseller, so in your case, you'll have to give a try on the one with the best ratings score. Thats the only way.

Another thing: those batteries that says that have a higher capacity as the original, like 4100mAh or even more, its not possible.
You cant fit more capacitty on a battery that have the same size as a lower capacity. Normally their cells are from a 3500 mAh battery as the original, and they just stick an adesive with the false info, DONT BUY THOSE. They're all scams...

I'll make a thread about it. Hope I helped...

DarkWinterCloud

Jan 20, 2017
Brasil
www.profixstore.com.br
Is your statement based on experience? What would you suggest as an alternative?
Yes. Theres a common sence between technicians that if a part isnt with the same specs as the original, something causes it.
When it comes to battery, its really tricky to know wether a part is good or no, but looking in the link that you gave, the battery itself dont have much info about the energy specs, wh, currenty capacity/ real capacity, etc...

Maybe I'm wrong, but we can discuss this after a couple of weeks or months. Keep checking the battery life daily and try to compare with the battery life you had when you started using this one...

Mar 1, 2017
Yes. Theres a common sence between technicians that if a part isnt with the same specs as the original, something causes it.
When it comes to battery, its really tricky to know wether a part is good or no, but looking in the link that you gave, the battery itself dont have much info about the energy specs, wh, currenty capacity/ real capacity, etc...

Maybe I'm wrong, but we can discuss this after a couple of weeks or months. Keep checking the battery life daily and try to compare with the battery life you had when you started using this one...
Thanks for your exhaustive feedback. Perhaps I haven't made myself very clear. I have tried 3 different replacement batteries of which 2 are rubbish. The one I bought on amazon is significantly better than the others (ebay and aliexpress) but slightly pricier (worthwhile!). However, I am not sure if it is as good as the original Lenovo/ZUK battery.

zaida

Aug 28, 2018
Is your statement based on experience? What would you suggest as an alternative?
Hello, the link does not work (at least for me). Could you please send it again or maybe the "key words"in amazon to search? I am searching for ir in amazon but I do not find it. Thank you in advance!

Mar 1, 2017
It seems like the battery I purchasd on amazon is no longer available. I am sorry. Let us know if you manage to find a decent replacement!