ROM Resurrection Remix N Unofficial

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
SoT of about 4-6 hours is good.
If you watch movies your screen is on and most probably at maximum brightness.
CPU does a lot of decoding.
If you need a device for playing videos for 12hours buy a tablet with big battery or buy a phone with extra strong battery.

With Z2 Pro in your scenario you wont get much improvement in battery usage my friend.

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
Again not the case.. I did not watch those movies in maximum brightness..besides if you talk about decoding, I especially did not use HW decoding in order to save battery.

I don't need a device with 12 hours but 4 hours SoT for only watching movies is a nightmare for sure.. You can check any battery drain video in YouTube with any device that has Snapdragon 820, none of them will spend 80% battery for 4 hours.

I don't get it, we are talking about a problem here but everyone tries to defend this ROM? This is definitely a bug.

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk

Jun 1, 2017
In my opinion, the concept of deep sleep isn't clear to you. Just having the screen on doesn't allow the device to go to Deep Sleep

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Using google a bit allows you to get a better view on how long phones will run while playing videos...

The range is between 1.5 to 7.5 hours, depending on model in combination with battery.

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
I don't talk about deep sleep , I talk about airplane mode bug..when I will have time I'll do a comparison, I will run video on airplane mode for 30 minutes and I'll run same video for 30 minutes with airplane off.. Definitely there will be a big difference

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
And this bug happens exactly when you open some movies, during daily usage there is not much difference. I tried different media players but result is same. The funny thing is even when you activate akt profiles in airplane mode, it seems no change in battery drain

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
You must wake up now mate because I didn't not mention anything about 9 hours video play time in my previous posts, you must be dreaming

Jan 23, 2017
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
I am using the latest AEX (10.08.2017) and so far nothing that compromises, battery is medium, but I find its sound low.

Would you recommend using this new RR (09.08.2017)? Or is it not good at battery, camera, sound, or some other bug?

I have the free time, willing to do a full wipe.

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
I am using the latest AEX (10.08.2017) and so far nothing that compromises, battery is medium, but I find its sound low.

Would you recommend using this new RR (09.08.2017)? Or is it not good at battery, camera, sound, or some other bug?

I have the free time, willing to do a full wipe.
I think that, at the moment, RR 5.8.3 is the best version of the ROM and better than AEX. Camera's about the same, but third-party camera apps take notably better pictures on it, for some reason.

As for sound, Viper can raise the volume on any ROM.

Sent from my Z2121 using Tapatalk

Jan 23, 2017
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
So should I get better overall battery performance with RR? I was using the RR, but I decided to test the AEX that was good until the version (24.07.2017) then there were many update that worsened the AEX and only in its last update (10.08.2017) managed to correct the last 3 updates that worsened the AEX.

You would have the VIPER link and how I would set up to have a better sound.

Jun 21, 2017
So should I get better overall battery performance with RR? I was using the RR, but I decided to test the AEX that was good until the version (24.07.2017) then there were many update that worsened the AEX and only in its last update (10.08.2017) managed to correct the last 3 updates that worsened the AEX.

You would have the VIPER link and how I would set up to have a better sound.
Why not trying both at the same time? You can use dualboot to have both roms on the phone and you can even share apps between roms, like whatsapp and so. I also recommend RR because I love it but I like trying different roms and dualboot is a must for me. That way you can decide which one fits you better.

Enviado desde mi ZUK Z2121 mediante Tapatalk

karpdog

Aug 10, 2017
Europe
You must wake up now mate because I didn't not mention anything about 9 hours video play time in my previous posts, you must be dreaming

I watched a 720p YouTube video online full screen for 60 minutes with 40% brightness, my battery dropped 10% (71%-- >61%).
In my opinion the sot is quite good.
The problem is,there is not so much custom ROMs around like for more popular devices. In my opinion the ressurection remix is actually one of the best.
Btw, at the moment I am at 60% battery after 3 Hours sot.

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
I watched a 720p YouTube video online full screen for 60 minutes with 40% brightness, my battery dropped 10% (71%-- >61%).
In my opinion the sot is quite good.
The problem is,there is not so much custom ROMs around like for more popular devices. In my opinion the ressurection remix is actually one of the best.
Btw, at the moment I am at 60% battery after 3 Hours sot.
Actually yes for YouTube I'm getting same SoT but somehow when airplane mode is active battery drain is considerably higher

Mitchell

Jul 10, 2017
Any body else got OTA update notifications? Mine says 5.8.4 20170809 update available, however the app crashes when I try to update.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ZUK Z2121 met Tapatalk

Jun 21, 2017
Somebody who wants the new update, pm me. I can't post the mega link, I'll send you the link and you'll post it here. Thanks :D