Resurrection Remix OS with Android 8.1

gxthelord

Nov 2, 2017
This is among the best ROM so far beside zui 3.8.356. 120FPS on 720p, 4k.1080p. Raw Caputure, Treble Support,GPS Lock(faster than stock rom) and all the good bits with RR with Oreo.
However, there are some annoying bugs that happens so far.

Random freezes. Some apps will suddenly stop working and freezes, would need to kill the app and reopen it again.
VERY VERY HIGH TEMPERATURES ON LOAD. Using CPU Float to monitor, the initial setup and installing app the GPU temps goes as hot as 90C! and CPU goes as high as over 70C! It will automatically trigger the thermal throttle and and slow it down till the it stabilize at 50-60C but the back of the phone is still hot. Abotu 47Celcius to the touch. Its quite alarming.

murphy27

Sep 23, 2018
I am facing one issue with the ROM, if I leave the phone on the charger (after fully charged) it turns off automatically. Anyone got similar problem?

Aug 15, 2018
This is among the best ROM so far beside zui 3.8.356. 120FPS on 720p, 4k.1080p. Raw Caputure, Treble Support,GPS Lock(faster than stock rom) and all the good bits with RR with Oreo.
However, there are some annoying bugs that happens so far.

Random freezes. Some apps will suddenly stop working and freezes, would need to kill the app and reopen it again.
VERY VERY HIGH TEMPERATURES ON LOAD. Using CPU Float to monitor, the initial setup and installing app the GPU temps goes as hot as 90C! and CPU goes as high as over 70C! It will automatically trigger the thermal throttle and and slow it down till the it stabilize at 50-60C but the back of the phone is still hot. Abotu 47Celcius to the touch. Its quite alarming.
I'm using this rom everyday this several weeks now and i didn't have any issues...
how did you install it ?

gxthelord

Nov 2, 2017
I'm using this rom everyday this several weeks now and i didn't have any issues...
how did you install it ?
Surprising that it did not heat up for you.

Full Wipe, Flash factory2vendor, after done reboot to recovery. flash rr rom, flash gapps. Reboot. Just wondering what type of temperatures are you seeing on gaming or normal use. You can download CPU Float to see gpu,cpu and battery temps.

Sep 14, 2017
one question, what is the adavntage of the google camera api?
i tried, and to be honest i do not see any differenc ebetwen the rr camera photos and google camera photos.
am i doing something wrong?
is it possible to start somehow the health sensors under rr?

Thx!

Alexzui

Jul 30, 2016
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Hello, i tried to flash a Edge again, but it keeps restarting in TWRP. Ik tried Twrp 3.3.1 and 3.2.3.
Also formatted, flashed factory2vendor zip and restarted in recovery, RR-rom, wiped dalvik/cache and installed GApps.
Even downloaded rom again. But all without succes, Edge only starts in TWRP, not in OS.

What should i do now?

Alexzui

Jul 30, 2016
Rotterdam, Netherlands
I'm using this ROM for 2 days now and it is working really great. ;) The battery life is not the best, but I've seen worse...

Features:

- Android 8.1 based on project treble
- July 2018 security pach
- Google camera is working out of the box (without any cam2api enabler. I installed the google camera apk from here.)
- multi-language

Download

Installation:

1. flash factory2vendor_z2_row_z2x.zip first (a recovery restart is needed after flashing this file)
2. then flash RR-O-v6.1.0-20180728-z2x-Unofficial.zip
3. flash gapps
4. If you got a failed to mount '/factory' error in the TWRP just ignore it... (If someone finds a solution to this, please share with us)

This is Art_Chen's work, I'm just sharing with you guys. You can find the official thread here: https://m.weibo.cn/status/4266540796234547
Hi,

1. where can i find this factory2vendor zip file for Zuk Edge?
2. why does Zuk Edge keeps starting up in TWRP, even after (apperently) good flashing roms?

Thanks,
Alex