Since zui 3.5 problems with Google maps

Nov 15, 2016
Germany
Hello everyone...
Since update to zui 3.5 i have problems with Google maps.. everything else is working fine.. the arrow won't move when I start a route. So when I start to move it keeps standing still.
It looks like it doesn't recognize the gps?
When I cancel the route it moves to my new current position and moves as I'm driving
The problem exist only by Google maps
Another navigation apps are ok

I already clear the app cache and data. Reinstall it from the market.. Always the same failure

Nov 15, 2016
Germany
I have installed the app. But it doesn't solve the problem.
Also i can't set permissions for maps because it's a system app
But what surprise me, after every reboot maps always asks me for permission to read contacts
Nothing else.
After flashing zui 3.5 I have installed the gapps from the tutorial on the first page

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
I have installed the app. But it doesn't solve the problem.
Also i can't set permissions for maps because it's a system app
But what surprise me, after every reboot maps always asks me for permission to read contacts
Nothing else.
After flashing zui 3.5 I have installed the gapps from the tutorial on the first page
Why it is a system app? Did you installed gapps zip?

Anyway, go to app manager, find maps and go to permission. Enable all permissions

Nov 15, 2016
Germany
Yes,I install the gapps zip
In the app Manager.. google maps, I can't see any permission option for maps.. Because it's a system app?

Last edited:

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Because it's a system app?
Yes.

What you can do:
Download ESfile explorer, give it root permission. (Im assuming you are rooted, if not, just install magisk with twrp)

Open esfile explorer and go to /system/priv-app
Find maps folder and delete it.
Reboot the phone.

Open playstore and download maps again, give it all permissions.

Nov 15, 2016
Germany
So, I did it. Maps is data app.i have set all permission to on.but it didn't solve the problem.
Now maps is saying as the route is active that it hasn't GPS signal
When i stop to navigate, maps received GPS signal
I don't understand that

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Nov 15, 2016
Germany
Gpslock show me 29 satellites and lock to 21.. but maps doesn't work .I don't understand where the problem is. And when no one else has the same problem ...I will give it up.
Thank for your help bruneba :)

Aug 8, 2017
Gpslock show me 29 satellites and lock to 21.. but maps doesn't work .I don't understand where the problem is. And when no one else has the same problem ...I will give it up.
Thank for your help bruneba :)
Hi, I had the same problem and tried everything. Finaly I ended up doing a factory reset and it solved my problem. Maps works perfectly now.

Nov 15, 2016
Germany
So, I make a clean install of resurrection remix o with gapps . after that I have installed only maps from play store..
My problem with maps still exists..
That's not possible :(
I think something is wrong with my compass in 3d view. In 2d, when you are looking from the top at the map, everything is ok

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2016
Germany
I recently found out the problem, it turns out my GPS for google maps. wasn't working and my phone sort of relied on my 3G data to pinpoint my location. So I tried an App called "GPS test", it basically check your GPS and force it to start. With this app, I managed to force start my GPS and now Google Map works in navigation mode too.
I hope it helps with your situation too.

But why exist this problem for me since update to android Oreo?

Last edited:

Unnatural

Aug 16, 2017
Good to hear you found out how to walk-around this issue. I have absolutely the same problem after Oreo update and just now decided to look up for a solution. I know it's more than an year past since your last post, but just wondering if you have found something more about this issue. Thanks