Your next phone after Z2 pro?

Chromatic

Nov 13, 2017
No hurry for me to change.
I am much more interested in evolution of Google's philosophy about security updates. Seems like it's on its way

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
One day when the ZUK Z2 Pro is dead I might buy a Xiaomi RedMi K20 Pro or something similar! :D

The Xiaomi Mi Mix and Mi Max series are kind of fun too!

And the guys from OnePlus have very good OS update support from what I heard so that could be an option too! ;)

But... can we PLEASE go back to 16:9 phones or perhaps switch to 3:2 or something ?!
I really don't like these bananaphones to be honest... :(

MRDA

Mar 18, 2017
mrda.wordpress.com
I bought a Samsung S10e (Snapdragon edition) as it seemed, on paper, like the only phone apart from the Z2 Pro that came close to what I want in a mobile: strong camera hardware; lots of storage; AMOLED screen; global band reception; headphone jack (fuck you and your copycats, Apple!); COMPACT FORM FACTOR (the age of the phablet really needs to come to an end!); potentially rootability; plus a card slot to add another 1/2 TB of storage.

Now, less than a week later, I'm thinking of selling it on. Sure, it's comfier in the hand than my Z2 Pros, backs up to Google without a fuss, and has a front camera that takes somewhat crisper pictures with GCam (not that the Z2 Pro is a slouch on that front, but the S10e does even better), but there are so many basics on the Z2 Pro (fingerprint/navigation button, LED, ease of rootability, custom ROM support, etc.) that I'm not prepared to go without. From everything I've read, rooting Samsung devices really is more trouble than first I anticipated and, ultimately, more trouble than it's worth. Also, I need my Viper audio; the Samsung's stock headphone output simply doesn't cut it, despite my wishes to the contrary.

The perfect phone for me would be one that combined the compact frame, storage expansion, and camera hardware of the S10e with the relative user-friendliness, ease of customisation, low battery drain, navigation button, and LEDs of our Z2 Pros (all with the native storage capacity and headphone jacks of both). As it stands, I'll take the latter and be content with its stellar and trustworthy performance on most fronts (except Google backups!).

TL; DR: I'm waiting for a phone that has the characteristics of those two combined. Until then, if my current ones give out, I'll go looking for more Z2 Pros or, if I I can't find any of those, an OG Pixel.

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
I bought a Samsung S10e (Snapdragon edition) as it seemed, on paper, like the only phone apart from the Z2 Pro that came close to what I want in a mobile: strong camera hardware; lots of storage; AMOLED screen; global band reception; headphone jack (fuck you and your copycats, Apple!); COMPACT FORM FACTOR (the age of the phablet really needs to come to an end!); potentially rootability; plus a card slot to add another 1/2 TB of storage.
Hell no!

But I would like to see the "Bananaphone" trend end and go back to 16:9 devices that have a 6 inch display :)

I am guessing you have really small fingers or hands ?!

Now, less than a week later, I'm thinking of selling it on. Sure, it's comfier in the hand than my Z2 Pros, backs up to Google without a fuss, and has a front camera that takes somewhat crisper pictures with GCam (not that the Z2 Pro is a slouch on that front, but the S10e does even better),
Samsung is never the right choice! :D :p
but there are so many basics on the Z2 Pro (fingerprint/navigation button, LED, ease of rootability, custom ROM support, etc.) that I'm not prepared to go without. From everything I've read, rooting Samsung devices really is more trouble than first I anticipated and, ultimately, more trouble than it's worth. Also, I need my Viper audio; the Samsung's stock headphone output simply doesn't cut it, despite my wishes to the contrary.
What do you need Viper Audio for ?!

I don't use it or need it on my Z2 Pro :)

The perfect phone for me would be one that combined the compact frame, storage expansion, and camera hardware of the S10e with the relative user-friendliness, ease of customisation, low battery drain, navigation button, and LEDs of our Z2 Pros (all with the native storage capacity and headphone jacks of both). As it stands, I'll take the latter and be content with its stellar and trustworthy performance on most fronts (except Google backups!).

TL; DR: I'm waiting for a phone that has the characteristics of those two combined. Until then, if my current ones give out, I'll go looking for more Z2 Pros or, if I I can't find any of those, an OG Pixel.
Why don't you buy the Xiaomi 9T Pro ?!

From what I have heard and read it's a beast and the price isn't that bad either! ;)

I am a huge fan of the OnePlus 7 Pro and Xiaomi 9t Pro design so my next phone will probably be the Xiaomi 9T Pro unless something similar comes along... :D