Z2 plus not charging

kirov1045

Nov 25, 2016
Hi all,

My Z2 plus stopped charging 2 days ago. when I plug it in it just gets really hot, doesn't charge even a bit. Tried with wall charger, pc connection, car charger and a power bank. tried different cables, original and non original. The interesting thing is, that when I plug it when it is turned off, it charges for a second, stops, and all over again.

Do you think it's a battery issue? I believe it's a malfunctioning usb connector. Is there a way you know to fix it? I couldn't find where I can buy this connector online.

I'd appropriate any help or advise. Thanks.

Oct 16, 2016
Looks like a hardware issue - voltage regulator... Have you had water expose recently? Anyway, send it for warranty repair.

Morpou

Nov 25, 2016
I have same problem... It noise of connected but appear "not charging"... in AC and USB computer this problem.

I noticed that the problem is solved when I reboot and plug in the charger again. This is weird

Last edited:

gianfra

Dec 4, 2016
Hi, it's the only battery related thread I could find so maybe posting here would be okay.
I'm experiencing massive battery drain, with cm 13 and 14, I don't even known if in stock was okay because immediately flashed Fedor rom as I got the phone.

Strange thing is that battery page shows little to no usage, top one is screen with 4% and 130 mAh.

Should I calibrate battery or the problem is more serious (also why this phone turn itself on when connected to a charger)?

It's a pity because phone and ROM are great otherwise

System3

Aug 18, 2016
Larger battery drain is likely related to cm 13/14 builds (at least that's what i read in some discussions on the forums).
Automatic turn on is related to the unlocked bootloader, but in my case it turns on briefly shows the unlocked bootloader screen and then enters charging mode but does not actually boot android until you actually power it on.

yaskyy

Mar 10, 2017
In my case I leave phone for more days off, but it does not help, then i flash it with latest firmware from

zukfans.eu/community/threads/howto-flash-a-stock-zui-rom-zuk-z2-z2131-only.104/

nothing happend, after all procedures baterry was totally empty, phone does not start.

so i get the back cover of, and loaded battery directly (see fotos)

voltage was 2,9V, it takes like 7 hours until it were loaded to 4,2V (after start system shows 95%)

then i flash it with latest CM 14.1 (Nogut 7.0)

it does not helps. battery was still not charging.

Then I disassembled it complete, and measured temperature of ic power control chip (I think it is this chip, not sure, voltage control unit if it means the same, please someboty correct me)

It goes like in 10 sec to 127C, so I think this chip is broken.

There are markings: CX ow64

I searched in google and there is nothing with this keywords.

Where I can get this chip?

Somebody knows? Appreciate any advice!

PS:
Temp measurments here:
youtu.be/_HeN6-0-UGE

Attachments

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2016
It happens for me too. When I played a game such as Vain Glory, the temperature will be like 41-44°c. When I try to charge it while I played, it doesn't charge at all. When the temperature go down, it start to charge randomly, but with slower input power, for about 500-ish ma.

galileo13

Mar 3, 2017
Guys who have this problem, did you charge your phone with 3rd party charger (with QC) or only stock?

There is a solution and explanation to this, its seems that our phone do not support QC function and every charger which is more powerful then stock will burn this CX 58.

Solution is just to tear this sensor out. After this phone should work normally.
9736085.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2016
Guys who have this problem, did you charge your phone with 3rd party charger (with QC) or only stock?

There is a solution and explanation to this, its seems that our phone do not support QC function and every charger which is more powerful then stock will burn this CX 58.

Solution is just to tear this sensor out. After this phone should work normally.
View attachment 1975
I use stock charger most of the time, but rarely use QC 3.0 to test the quick charge. What do you mean by CX 58? What sensor you have tear? Please tell us more specific.

galileo13

Mar 3, 2017
Of coarse. Here.
As you can see on photo from above, there is some sort of diode with marking CX ow64.
On other photo, from other user in same place there is diode with marking CX ow54.
I assume that they are same, just different models.

So, solution (which I didn't try, but other (3 guys) said that it will work) is to remove this diode.

Attachments

galileo13

Mar 3, 2017
And, everybody should be aware, Zuk z2 does not support QC charge.
There are many people who used to charge with QC charger and burned this diode (cx 64/54).
So its advised to use only native charger.