Z2 plus not charging

Unnatural

Aug 16, 2017
Hi, i connected my phone to an aukey PA-T2(quickcharge) with the original charger and a usb extension cable. I woke up about 8hrs later and the phone was really hot, so i unplugged it. Now it is dead. When i plug it into the pc usb port lower part heats up, but even when i press vol+/power it doesn't give any sign of life.
I actually started a ticket on grossoshop.net for warranty but the last time i sent it (broken screen, nevermind) they gave me a new one after 2 months and a half, so i'm not really sure to send it or not.
Did anybody have the same problem?
Hi Edulis91,

I had the same problem, but with Orico car charger with QC2. If you can send it for warranty repair, do it. Otherwise you have to repair it on your own or in out of warranty service shop.
What I found out from this forum here is that the CPU SD820 does support QC standarts, but the support charging electronics of the phone, weirdly, doesn't.

Good luck !

devashish

Sep 4, 2017
It was fixed by itself after a couple of days, I have no explanation to how it happened.
I have just now noticed the same issue. Hoping that it goes away like yours. Otherwise I'm screwed. Only 8% battery is left, and I have the boot loader unlocked and a custom ROM (AEX) installed, so if I take it to the Lenovo Service Center, they will repair it out of warranty, and most probably in this case they'll replace the MoBo considering the money suckers they are.

Unnatural

Aug 16, 2017
I have just now noticed the same issue. Hoping that it goes away like yours. Otherwise I'm screwed. Only 8% battery is left, and I have the boot loader unlocked and a custom ROM (AEX) installed, so if I take it to the Lenovo Service Center, they will repair it out of warranty, and most probably in this case they'll replace the MoBo considering the money suckers they are.
Devashish,
I advise you not to rely on this solution. It is a hardware fail and the only reasonable decision is to take the faulty transistor off or to replace it.
It is possible that your device might work for some time and I assume it's because of the high temperatures the transistor does. It;s possible because of it to regain it's internal conductivity for some time, but will fail for sure and you should not rely on this phone.
Keep this in mind.

Regards,
Iliya

suresh

Oct 14, 2017
Devashish,
I advise you not to rely on this solution. It is a hardware fail and the only reasonable decision is to take the faulty transistor off or to replace it.
It is possible that your device might work for some time and I assume it's because of the high temperatures the transistor does. It;s possible because of it to regain it's internal conductivity for some time, but will fail for sure and you should not rely on this phone.
Keep this in mind.

Regards,
Iliya
It seems the damaged part is not diode. It is 3-pin DFN package. It must be p-channel MOSFET. VBUS going to drain.
Both the gate and source are short on my device. I removed the IC and short still there. It might have damaged some part of mother board.
Good thing is, I can able to charge in slow mode (500 ma).

I am not sure whether stock charger can able to charge fastly. I dont have mine with me.

UPDATE: Phone is charging fast using stock charger. The IC I removed must be protection/ TVS diode.

Regards,
Suresh

Last edited:

karachun

Oct 28, 2017
how to test point break charge battery and touchscreen?

i look only white diod blink on phone by charging in the grid 214- 230V
see only 0,40A

pls mass help

Last edited:

Mjshshhg

Nov 26, 2017
Of coarse. Here.
As you can see on photo from above, there is some sort of diode with marking CX ow64.
On other photo, from other user in same place there is diode with marking CX ow54.
I assume that they are same, just different models.

So, solution (which I didn't try, but other (3 guys) said that it will work) is to remove this diode.
I removed this and My Phone shes died dont charge and battery before teardown My zuk z2 is 0%

Tadipar

Feb 6, 2017
got the same problem today with my "Z2 Pro", was trying to charge with different chargers, no succes,,,,so finally I put it to my Desktop PC with USB.3.0 Port, and it begins charging after 2-3 minutes..:)

marvels

Nov 26, 2017
I just did the procedure and smartphone works again. Alright, now it takes more than 4 hours to fully charge, but at least it works again.

Many thanks to Galileo13. Helped me a lot. My mother who owns the cell phone was super sad because of the defect. She was extremely happy, jumped for joy at the time I told her that it worked, and did not care about the chargind time.

Last edited:

karachun

Oct 28, 2017
Also, the PC and original charger does not see the smartphone. But it's only charged from the 2.4A powerbank, the amperage shows only 0.4A

Last edited:

karachun

Oct 28, 2017
This youtu.be/Kju27GxeT1k?T=609 has an amperage of about 0.43A- 1.25A

youtu.be/Kju27GxeT1k?t=1017

[/MEDIA] method has an amperage of about 0.43A

ALARM AlARM!!!

Last edited:

harmjanb

Jan 5, 2018
My Z2 was showing the same symptoms: overheating, no charging...
So i also removed the 3 pin chip (just by applying some force with a tiny flat screwdriver).
Now the overheating has gone, and i am charging my ZUK Z2 again. (Thanks to the info above.. :) ).
At this moment only from a low amp source.. My first objective is to copy all user files from the phone, then try the fast charging again..

Update: using the original fast charger from ZUK also works.

Last edited:

Ben John

Dec 14, 2017
Hi all,

My Z2 plus stopped charging 2 days ago. when I plug it in it just gets really hot, doesn't charge even a bit. Tried with wall charger, pc connection, car charger and a power bank. tried different cables, original and non original. The interesting thing is, that when I plug it when it is turned off, it charges for a second, stops, and all over again.

Do you think it's a battery issue? I believe it's a malfunctioning usb connector. Is there a way you know to fix it? I couldn't find where I can buy this connector online.

I'd appropriate any help or advise. Thanks.
did it just get ok by itself

Ben John

Dec 14, 2017
I think you're right Galileo.
Today we charged my phone Zuk Z2 with car charger Tronsmart CC2TF, using it as a GPS and I was't careful when reached 100%. Then he stopped himself, which caught my attention and I saw that the USB jack is very hot. I immediately cooled by air conditioning car, but we found that no longer help me to charge it again.
When I try to charge it heats up quickly in the USB connector area, notification LED flashing periodically and also vibrates. My tester indicates 3.2 V and 2.8 A and is reset periodically synchronized with the phone vibration and flash LED notifications. I think that was destroyed overheating protection circuit of the phone (possibly the diode CX 64/54).
Please give us more information about solving the problem. I understand that some guys managed to recharge the phone by removing the respective circuit (how or where we learn more about how to do).

I attached a picture with original charging PCB.

later how did you fix it ??? Cause same thing happened to me and i dont have warrenty so dont know what to do??

karachun

Oct 28, 2017
was showing the same symptoms: overheating, no charging...
So i also removed the 3 pin chip. using the original fast charger also works.
later how did you fix it ??? Cause same thing happened to me and i dont have warrenty so dont know what to do??
Liar team in action!
where is the proof in video?
you think to deceive all users. where is the evidence that the operation works after removing the chip?

Ben John

Dec 14, 2017
You say you need proof
My phone zuk z2 plus through which I'm replying to you is itself the biggest proof I can give
And I didn't force you to remove chip
It's upto you I did cause I wanted to my zuk back and I have it
Better watch out before you jump into conclusions