Z2 plus not charging

Feb 10, 2018
I too have the same burned chip. How to fix that , anybody fixed that charging problem . If fixed how did you fix that. Where can I find that burned chip and replace it

Feb 10, 2018
Of coarse. Here.
As you can see on photo from above, there is some sort of diode with marking CX ow64.
On other photo, from other user in same place there is diode with marking CX ow54.
I assume that they are same, just different models.

So, solution (which I didn't try, but other (3 guys) said that it will work) is to remove this diode.
What that chip do ,what is its purpose. You are saying that if we tear that chip , the charging issue is solved right. Really.

Feb 10, 2018
I think you're right Galileo.
Today we charged my phone Zuk Z2 with car charger Tronsmart CC2TF, using it as a GPS and I was't careful when reached 100%. Then he stopped himself, which caught my attention and I saw that the USB jack is very hot. I immediately cooled by air conditioning car, but we found that no longer help me to charge it again.
When I try to charge it heats up quickly in the USB connector area, notification LED flashing periodically and also vibrates. My tester indicates 3.2 V and 2.8 A and is reset periodically synchronized with the phone vibration and flash LED notifications. I think that was destroyed overheating protection circuit of the phone (possibly the diode CX 64/54).
Please give us more information about solving the problem. I understand that some guys managed to recharge the phone by removing the respective circuit (how or where we learn more about how to do).

I attached a picture with original charging PCB.
Removing that chip doesn't not fix the charging problem. We have to replace the chip. I got dead z2 plus from local shop after a long search and replaced that chip. Then my charging problem fixed

Unnatural

Aug 16, 2017
There is no other way to fix other than replacing the burned chip
Could you tell me what is the name of this chip or maybe send a link to a store. I really would like to buy it, because now my phone works without it. Even if it's TVS chip, as one suggested, I would like to put it back.
Thanks.

WarHell

Oct 13, 2016
Guys who have this problem, did you charge your phone with 3rd party charger (with QC) or only stock?

There is a solution and explanation to this, its seems that our phone do not support QC function and every charger which is more powerful then stock will burn this CX 58.

Solution is just to tear this sensor out. After this phone should work normally.
View attachment 1975
OMG! It freaking worked. Thanks a lot.

So far my ZUK Z2 seems charging as usual.

Dumped my QC chargers, damn them.

Feb 16, 2018
There is no other way to fix other than replacing the burned chip
Maybe you should pay attention at what other people have posted here. Removing that smd works like a charm.
I can confirm that. I had the same problem with the phone getting so hot to the point of almost catching fire and no charging at all. That smd (chip) was getting so hot. The phone was dead an i had to buy a new phone. In the meantime i found this thread and thinking that i have nothing to lose no more, i just took the chip out with the tip of a cutter. The phone is alive and charging just as new. No more heating too. Problem solved.
Anyway, that is not the charging chip but just a protection that gets fried very easy and prevents the phone from charging again being shorted. Removing it leaves the ic chip unprotected and the next time something happens, the charging chip will be fried instead and the phone will be useless.
In the meantime, it works like that.
Proof for everybody in the pictures to come now.

Vagptt

Mar 21, 2018
Mine have suffered same problem this week.
As some people say, desolder or break this IC is just a half solution for me, so I'm trying to replace it with a new one of similar characteristics.

Based on the suggestions of some people of this thread, I've been searching among TVS chips one by one and I've found one that could have the same shape and size.

Could it be a clone or one similar to this from Nexperia (previously NXP)?

PTVS7V5U1UPA

In my opinion, it will fit because in the datasheet it says that the CX marking code is the PTVS7V5U1UPA one, which have some values that could be aproppiated for a USB protection. As example, a breakdown voltage of around 8.77 V, which is consistent with being fused by QC2 and QC3 chargers if they try to inject 9 or 12 volts.

Sorry for my english in advance.

PS: I can't put the link as link because it's my first post, so go to the page of Nexperia and search for this model.

May 21, 2017
Goodafternoon,

I also removed the chip because i had this issue and now it charges perfectly again..
Though i am wondering..
Is it still safe now to charge the phone overnight with the chip removed? (I use the original charger + cable)

Thanks for sharing this solution, you rock!

Izlud

Jul 3, 2017
I have the same issue. I will try to remove the diode tonight, wish me luck.

The question I have, Can I still use my Anker charger with "inteligent charging" with a low amp cable ??

Arun Verma

Mar 21, 2018
Thanks to OP, my phone is alive. Stopped charging when is used QC Charger 3 and smelled fumes from charging port. Fingerprint scanner was almost burning hot. Took a screenshot of charger plugged in. Went to local repair shop, told him what to remove, got it done in Rs. 100. Now phone works normally and is alive. Screenshot of charging after burned out chip enclosed.

Attachments

Jun 6, 2017
I took some pics here. In the first one you can see the mainboard and to the right, on the table is the removed chip. The phone charged from 15% to 32% in less then 10 minutes.
Thanks to all the guys who suggested this!
can you do a tutorial vid on how to disassemble and remove this chip please?. And where to buy the tools.? I am depressed because of my phone it's not charging for like a month. I miss my zuk z2 :(

mp94

Jun 21, 2018
As some people say, desolder or break this IC is just a half solution for me, so I'm trying to replace it with a new one of similar characteristics.

Based on the suggestions of some people of this thread, I've been searching among TVS chips one by one and I've found one that could have the same shape and size.

PTVS7V5U1UPA

In my opinion, it will fit because in the datasheet it says that the CX marking code is the PTVS7V5U1UPA one, which have some values that could be aproppiated for a USB protection. As example, a breakdown voltage of around 8.77 V, which is consistent with being fused by QC2 and QC3 chargers if they try to inject 9 or 12 volts.

PS: I can't put the link as link because it's my first post, so go to the page of Nexperia and search for this model.
Which is the datasheet you are mentioning? Do you have a link?

Update: This is the link of the datasheet. However it seems very hard to find a seller

Last edited:

helio

Jul 5, 2017

PTVS7V5U1UPA

link pls