Z2 PRO Disassemble

mino

Dec 25, 2016
Hi
I need help. I was open my Zuk z2 pro for cleaning and when I close zuk now I dont have any cellular signal everithing working perfect wifi, bt, .. but mobile signal 4g, 3g GSM not. Please help what do you think where is problem??

Jul 14, 2016
To remove the back cover first warm up the back cover with a hot gun and then pull it off gently just like any regular phone these days:

Back cover off:
View attachment 296

Remove some more screws:
View attachment 297

Keep going removing some more screws and pulling connectors off gently:
View attachment 298 View attachment 299

All Parts:
View attachment 300

Source:
http://bbs.zuk.cn/z2pro/t121203/
http://bbs.zuk.cn/z2pro/t122554/
Thank you for this guide

Sendt fra min ZUK Z2121 med Tapatalk

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Hi
I need help. I was open my Zuk z2 pro for cleaning and when I close zuk now I dont have any cellular signal everithing working perfect wifi, bt, .. but mobile signal 4g, 3g GSM not. Please help what do you think where is problem??
you most probably did not connect the antenna properly again. Reopen and check carefully that alm antennas are connected correctly.

mino

Dec 25, 2016
you most probably did not connect the antenna properly again. Reopen and check carefully that alm antennas are connected correctly.
I reopen and checking everthing snd antennas cennected corectly is. Where entennas are for GSM signal?? Please If you have some photos drawing where is antennas. Thanks

Jul 24, 2016
I dont think so, its probably wifi antena..
it's neither ;). it's a signal cable that connects an antenna
Hi
Maybe there is a little golden spring contact attached to the side of one of the boards that doesn't contact the chassis properly. Don't know if that exists because I didn't open it myself, but I know it from other phones. And the metal shell most likely serves as at least one antenna.

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
is it difficult to remove battery after opening back of the phone ? are there any magic straps under battery for easy removal or battery is tightly glued to the body of the phone ? if anyone whoever opened the phone could write an answer I`d be appreciated.

Jul 24, 2016
There are two pull tabs underneath, so for me it was pretty easy to get it loose. But you have to be careful when removing the plastic midframe (don't know if that's the right word ;)), because there are 3 little spring contacts attached to notches on the top side, which are likely to be lost.

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk

Nov 14, 2016
There are two pull tabs underneath, so for me it was pretty easy to get it loose. But you have to be careful when removing the plastic midframe (don't know if that's the right word ;)), because there are 3 little spring contacts attached to notches on the top side, which are likely to be lost.

Have you changed the battery? If so, can you send me a link where I can find an original one? ...it seem all I can find is cheap replacement.
And even more important: how did you open and especially close the frame again? Is there a special kind of glue you have to use?

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Have you changed the battery? If so, can you send me a link where I can find an original one? ...it seem all I can find is cheap replacement.
And even more important: how did you open and especially close the frame again? Is there a special kind of glue you have to use?

I have opened my phone 5 times to check battery. It is pretty easy. I used a guitar stick to open back cover, didn't have to use glue or anything to place it back. Just don't touch it or put in dirty places and you can put it back again

3.85V 3100mAh BL263 For ZUK Z2 Z2PRO Z2121 Battery
http://s.aliexpress.com/mYRvQzmQ?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017

3? I have only find 2, in 2 phones I opened there was only 2... You are talking about the little golden metal pieces that is fixed in top right?

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
I have opened my phone 5 times to check battery. It is pretty easy. I used a guitar stick to open back cover, didn't have to use glue or anything to place it back. Just don't touch it or put in dirty places and you can put it back again

3.85V 3100mAh BL263 For ZUK Z2 Z2PRO Z2121 Battery
http://s.aliexpress.com/mYRvQzmQ?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)
Your link is weird... this is the right one : https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/3-85V-3100mAh-BL263-For-ZUK-Z2-Z2PRO-Z2121-Battery/32822978484.html ;)

Jul 24, 2016
I heated up the back to easily remove the back glass with a guitar pick. It was broken btw so I didn't care too much and replaced it afterwards ;)

3? I have only find 2, in 2 phones I opened there was only 2... You are talking about the little golden metal pieces that is fixed in top right?
Exactly but in my case there were 3. I don't know whether they changed the hardware over time. Just found this picture on the internet, there are also three (source: http://hpics.li/5ccc2a3)

Last edited:

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Well.. My phone is working with jus 2. The other that I opened I lost 1, and it is working with just 1. So that's OK ;) :p