Zui 3.5.231 Oreo 8.0 - Whatsapp fixed

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
THIS GUIDE IS OUTDATED, CLICK HERE FOR A NEW VERSION

Thanks to @theface that sent me baidu link so I could add it to another host.
thanks a lot for sharing it :)

Use TWRP 3.2 to install
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.5.231 DOWNLOAD:
Google Drive

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gapps:
Keep chinese stock apps - Download
Replace chinese stock apps - Download

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
READ THIS BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM:

If you are on zui 3.5 just install this rom over it, works like an update.
*****if google app doesnt work, then install this app to fix it.
Thats it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are on ZUI 3.1:

make a data backup with TWRP 3.2 first, ***data only*** and save it to pc,
just to be safe. if something goes wrong you can restore it back

you can do a dirty flash, dont need to wipe anything.
after reboot the phone, install this app to fix google issue.
thats it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you are gonna make a clean install, then do a factory reset before installing this rom
chose one of two gapps and wipe cache/partition then reboot

maybe you have to turn on your wifi after booting to system.

IF YOU CHOOSE THE SECOND GAPPS, THEN GO TO SETTINGS AND SET ALL DEFAULT APPS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whatsapp is working fine, no crash anymore!!!!!!
:) :) :)

Charging light is working just for dirty 3.1 install method!!!!

Widgets are working fine too!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SMART LOCK FEATURE- TRUSTED FACE:

Install this with TWRP

****dont need to install it if you installed the gapps that replace chinese stock apps****

set a lock screen pin or pattern
go to settings -> security & privacy -> trust agents -> enable smart lock
go back and click in smart lock
now you can set trusted face
-----
to unlock screen, just turn the screen on looking at it,
a face icon appear when it recognize you face, then slide up

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this rom doesnt have root, download magisk and install it with TWRP

Last edited:

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
somehow when i installed this over 3.5.204 , speakers had a terrible cracking voice everytime some sound comes them. I tried clean and dirty install , same result. I turned back to 3.5.204 again

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
somehow when i installed this over 3.5.204 , speakers had a terrible cracking voice everytime some sound comes them. I tried clean and dirty install , same result. I turned back to 3.5.204 again
Speakers are bad since 3.5.217. it is a known issue

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
and may I ask which Google Camera is working with this ROM ? with AEX 5.1 GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.6 was working perfectly but with this ROM I am getting force close problem. Is there any working versions which you tried ?

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
and may I ask which Google Camera is working with this ROM ? with AEX 5.1 GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.6 was working perfectly but with this ROM I am getting force close problem. Is there any working versions which you tried ?
Google camera doesnt work well or doesnt work at all on stock rom

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
Google camera doesnt work well or doesnt work at all on stock rom
oh man that sucks.. because AEX 5.1 rom is quite unstable , so much buggy and slow compared to stock ROM. I have some customized company apps which are quite important for me and I managed to get them worked in stock ROM , I was in such a joy until I found out that Google Camera is not working.. such a shame!

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Stock camera isnt bad, it just dont have much options to customize your photo, but pic quality is pretty good.

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
yeah I agree , stock camera is quite good. But having that portrait mode in Google Camera mod is really a game changer.. in AEX ROM it was working perfectly but ROM was too buggy and slow. I hated it. I was hoping to get Google Camera working on stock ROM but seems there is no option

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
yeah that one I tried previously , portrait mode works but not as good as latest versions. Anyway I will check if i can get it work with any of the versions of Google Camera.. Cam2api is enabled in Oreo 8 , logically it should work even with stock ROM

theface

Apr 27, 2017
Cam2api is not enabled in ZUI oreo and the phone crashes if you try to enable it. At least when I tried... I´m curious if you manage to activate it ;)

PS: I tried with 204dev, maybe something changed in 231dev, but I actually don´t think
PPS: Speakers were shitty always, not much change here in my opinion. Use headphones or plugin speakers ;) Sound quality even with headphones is terrible after a fresh install in my opinion at the start, it gets much better after android settled after a few hours/days

Last edited:

theface

Apr 27, 2017
power button is not working what can i do ...

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk
Easy, throw your phone in the trash, buy an iPhone where you cannot flash or setup anything and when you really manage to fuck it up too out of whatever reason, go to the Apple store and let them fix it *sigh*

theface

Apr 27, 2017
Here´s the information about the release date of the official Oreo version again, coming from the former ZUK CEO now working at Lenovo. It´s supposed to get released before the chinese new year (= before 16.02.2018).

And in other good news: The Zuk Z2 pro will get Android 9 too, expected to arrive in September 2018. Seems like there´s a long commitment for that phone.

http://www.eeworld.com.cn/xfdz/article_2018011379509.html (you probably need to google translate it except you speak chinese)