Zui 3.5.231 Oreo 8.0 - Whatsapp & Gapps FIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Thanks to @theface that sent me baidu link so I could add it to another host.
thanks a lot for sharing it :)

Use TWRP 3.2 to install
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.5.231 DOWNLOAD:
Google Drive

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can choose one of those gapps:

Keep chinese stock apps - Download
Replace chinese stock apps - Download (ok google working on any screen)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are on zui 3.5 just install this rom over it, works like an update.
just install gapps again only if you were using the one that replace chinese stock apps.
Thats it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are on ZUI 3.1:

make a data backup with TWRP 3.2 first,
***data only*** and save it to pc, just to be safe. if something goes wrong you can restore it back

Open TWRP 3.2 and do a factory reset, install the rom then install gapps, wipe cache/dalvik and reboot system.

maybe you have to turn on your wifi after booting to system.

IF YOU CHOOSE THE SECOND GAPPS, THEN GO TO SETTINGS AND SET ALL DEFAULT APPS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whatsapp is working fine, no crash anymore!!!!!!
:) :) :)

Charging light is working again!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

pt-BR:

Use TWRP 3.2 para instalar
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------
3.5.231 O DOWNLOAD :
Google Drive

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------
Você pode escolher um desses gapps:

Mantenha aplicativos chineses - Download Gapps
Substitui os apps chineses
- Download (ok google funcionando em qualquer tela)

-------------------- -------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------

Se você estiver no zui 3.5 basta instalar esta ROM sobre ela , funciona como uma atualização.
Em seguida instale o gapps novamente somente se você estivesse usando o gapps que substitui os apps chineses.
e é só isso,
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------

Se você estiver no ZUI 3.1 :

faça um backup de dados com TWRP 3.2 antes de instalar a rom, *** dados apenas *** e salve-o no pc, apenas para garantir que se algo der errado, você pode restaurá-lo.

Abra o TWRP 3.2 e faça um factory reset, instale a rom em seguida o gapps, limpe o cache/dalvik e reinicie o sistema.

talvez você tenha que ligar seu wifi depois de inicializar o sistema.

SE ESCOLHER O SEGUNDO GAPPS, ENTÃO ENTRE EM CONFIGURAÇÕES E AJUSTE OS DEFAULT APPS

---------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------

O Whatsapp está funcionando bem, não crasha mais! :) :) :)

A luz de carregar o cel voltou a funcionar !!!!

Edit by mod: only test edit

Last edited by a moderator:

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
The weird thing is, the charging ligth worked fine when I flashed this over my 3.1 backup, but I tried to clean install this rom and now the charging light isnt working..

If the charging light doesnt work for you, just download this app, give it root access and set configurations just like this:

Pic 1
Pic 2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SMART LOCK FEATURE- TRUSTED FACE:

Install this with TWRP

****dont need to install it if you installed the gapps that replace chinese stock apps****

set a lock screen pin or pattern
go to settings -> security & privacy -> trust agents -> enable smart lock
go back and click in smart lock
now you can set trusted face
-----
to unlock screen, just turn the screen on looking at it,
a face icon appear when it recognize you face, then slide up

Last edited:

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
The steps are on the first post:

If you are on zui 3.5 just install this rom over it, works like an update.
just install gapps again only if you were using the one that replace chinese stock apps.
Thats it.

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
I don't want to mix topics but one question;

This one will work on AEX 5.1 as well?

Sent from my Z2 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
Hmm.. I really dont know... :p
I don`t have TWRP flashed to my phone , I boot TWRP always through my PC so I can not test it now but when I go home I`ll report back. For now I just downloaded that file , find the Facelock.apk file inside system/app/facelock folder and tried to install it directly without TWRP. It worked , apk is installed and now I can see Face unlock option under Smart Lock in AEX 5.1

But unfortunately when I try to setup a face data , app crashes. I`ll try with TWRP in the evening

theface

Apr 27, 2017
Seems like a great update so far! WhatsApp works finally, creating Widgets in third party launchers works too! So both of my main problems are actually fixed (it maybe helped that I reported these bugs in the chinese Lenovo forum, haha) ;) Deep links in Google Maps that crashed it before work now too :)

PS: Charging light is not working for me though, weird. And you need to install Magisk again, the Rom isn´t rooted already

Last edited:

Angekcc

Jun 30, 2017
Well, I'm already 3.5 and I'll be reporting.
At the moment it seems that everything is fine.
I changed the font.
In the end, although I have made a backup, I first tried installation directly from 3.1.194. I installed rom 3.5 and then magisk.

I'll look at how it gets black theme?

Enviado desde mi ZUK Z2121 mediante Tapatalk

Angekcc

Jun 30, 2017
Seems like a great update so far! WhatsApp works finally, creating Widgets in third party launchers works too! So both of my main problems are actually fixed (it maybe helped that I reported these bugs in the chinese Lenovo forum, haha) ;) Deep links in Google Maps that crashed it before work now too :)

PS: Charging light is not working for me though, weird. And you need to install Magisk again, the Rom isn´t rooted already
Charging light does not work in my ZUK either.
Everything else good.
Does anyone remind me how to change theme to black notifications and setting?
Thank you

bigorbi

Mar 28, 2017
I don`t have TWRP flashed to my phone , I boot TWRP always through my PC so I can not test it now but when I go home I`ll report back. For now I just downloaded that file , find the Facelock.apk file inside system/app/facelock folder and tried to install it directly without TWRP. It worked , apk is installed and now I can see Face unlock option under Smart Lock in AEX 5.1

But unfortunately when I try to setup a face data , app crashes. I`ll try with TWRP in the evening
ok , that face unlock feature does not work for AEX 5.1 even after flashing it through TWRP

theface

Apr 27, 2017
Charging light does not work in my ZUK either.
Everything else good.
Does anyone remind me how to change theme to black notifications and setting?
Thank you

I think you will need Substratum for that, but there was someone complaining that it wouldn´t work as expected. I never tried so far, but Oreo supports it actually.

Angekcc

Jun 30, 2017
Finally notifications that can be deleted from the notification bar. And also a section worthy of battery.

Nov 4, 2016
Hello what about the battery life of 3.5.231 dev.?
@bruneba do you think that the stable rom will support all google apps like the second version you give that replace some Chinese apps?

bruneba

Apr 8, 2017
Hello what about the battery life of 3.5.231 dev.?
@bruneba do you think that the stable rom will support all google apps like the second version you give that replace some Chinese apps?
The battery life is better. And all google apps I tested are working fine, no crash at all. Idk if all of them will be available in the official release, but I believe you can just install from playstore, but they wont be a system app.

theface

Apr 27, 2017
It's still a Chinese ROM for china, so don't expect any Google apps in the final version. Never had any, will not get any. But we'll see if I'm right when the stable version is out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.