ZUI 3.5.259 ST Oreo-based Stock-Rom OTA Update

Angekcc

Jun 30, 2017
But he said that Google apps work for him. It would not be better to wait and see if everything is going well. And if you have any problems then install gapps 8.0?

Enviado desde mi ZUK Z2121 mediante Tapatalk

theface

Apr 27, 2017
@Crunchy just define whatever it should do in the settings - U Touch - U Touch customization

@Angekcc the Google Partners Setup doesn´t do any harm, it´s either needed or just there. So far everyone ran into problems without it, so installing it is never a bad idea :)

aco

Aug 23, 2017
@Crunchy just define whatever it should do in the settings - U Touch - U Touch customization

@Angekcc the Google Partners Setup doesn´t do any harm, it´s either needed or just there. So far everyone ran into problems without it, so installing it is never a bad idea :)
Haven't had any crashes of Google Apps without Google Partner Setup 8.0.0,
but I installed it anyway :). Just to be sure .

Jan 10, 2018
Maybe little bit oftop, but anyway :cool:
Did somebody say about LED: is it still not so bright like on custom ROMs?
I compared it on ZUI 3.5.243 (don't remember about older versions) - LED works with "poor light" and some custom ROMs (LineAge 14.1, RR 5.8.3) - LED on custom looks much brighter.o_O

One more about LED color during charging is: RED on charge and GREEN only with 100%.
It it possible to fix without addition software to: RED on charge up to 90% and GREEN from 90 to 100%?

Last edited:

theface

Apr 27, 2017
Chinese servers are fast, downloaded with 1.6mb/s yesterday. I used jDownloader to download it.

@nick234242 I haven´t experienced any notable difference to 3.5.243 so far, everything seems to work pretty much the same.

theface

Apr 27, 2017
Help, now I can not see my files in internal storage, in TWRP mode
What version of TWRP? Did you update it? This normally happens when your data partition is encrypted by the former version of TWRP. Go back to the former version and save your data on any external drive. Update TWRP then and format the data partition. Copy your stuff back on the phone. Or even better, start with tutorial B and start with a clean install!

theface

Apr 27, 2017
According to the Chinese forums not so much, some problem with dual SIM Chinese sim cards.
The developers never really release a changelog sadly.

Last edited:

soepblik

Feb 22, 2017
Hello,

i still get an installation failure in recovery mode and i don't know what is wrong:(

i have an unrooted boatloader locked phone. changed the zip to update.zip
put it in the root of the phone

what can be the problem of this installation failure?

Satiryco

Sep 22, 2017
Hi guys, i've got installed this version above 3.1.218 with update.zip method. All is great. Exception for automatic brightness. It's stuck on a single value. In dark room or not.

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk

Wandix

Jul 17, 2016
Putting the file in .zuiota doesn't work. Just tried.

What worked for me (locked bootloader, no root):
simply put the file in / folder (root folder) and rename it to update.zip, restart in recovery and and choose install update.
After few minutes phone updates and everything works fine, even google apps, and I didn't install Google Partner Setup 8.0.0.
Should I install this Google Partner Setup 8.0.0, anyway ???

thanks @theface
This is exactly what I did. Everything working so far.

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
One more about LED color during charging is: RED on charge and GREEN only with 100%.
It it possible to fix without addition software to: RED on charge up to 90% and GREEN from 90 to 100%?
Why would you want that if I may ask ?

I have a ex-Ubuntu Touch phone from BQ that does that with Android installed and it's extremely annoying! :(