ZUI 4.0.199ST review and benchmarks

iCE

Sep 22, 2018
This 4.0.199 would be a great rom without these pointless chinese apps and this Safe Center thingy aka Security. I get between 4h and 4,5h of screen on time. Now with 48mins of usage I'm on 78%... I don't know what's draining the phone because I don't want to unlock the bootloader and root the phone just because of that. I reflashed my phone so many times that I don't want to restore all the data, settings, apps and stuff once again. I still want to get update because this one is not my favorite at all. It has delayed (kind of) notifications and some minor bugs like the this kind of dashed notification bar when I swipe it back. And the phone just randomly stops/starts processes like Facebook, YouTube... This camera app sets the screen brightness to max - this was new for me. The calling app is a complete mess because most of the time it redirects you to Contacts. I'm waiting for the next update or until the battery draining gets fixed or more optimized and then I will probably uninstall the Chinese bloatware apps, get root and fix stabilize the phone myself

Mar 6, 2017
This 4.0.199 would be a great rom without these pointless chinese apps and this Safe Center thingy aka Security. I get between 4h and 4,5h of screen on time. Now with 48mins of usage I'm on 78%... I don't know what's draining the phone because I don't want to unlock the bootloader and root the phone just because of that. I reflashed my phone so many times that I don't want to restore all the data, settings, apps and stuff once again. I still want to get update because this one is not my favorite at all. It has delayed (kind of) notifications and some minor bugs like the this kind of dashed notification bar when I swipe it back. And the phone just randomly stops/starts processes like Facebook, YouTube... This camera app sets the screen brightness to max - this was new for me. The calling app is a complete mess because most of the time it redirects you to Contacts. I'm waiting for the next update or until the battery draining gets fixed or more optimized and then I will probably uninstall the Chinese bloatware apps, get root and fix stabilize the phone myself
If you take 2 min to read my above posts you don't need root to uninstall Chinese apps. I even gave a list of the ones to delete.

Once you remove the Chinese apps the phone lasts for ages, longer than Indian 2.033 ROM with more apps installed.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Apr 25, 2017
Just turn it on and it does it's job. You can also enable the overclock option
Settings>Accessibility>Overclock Mode but it says do not use it for a long time so you decide how to boost the performance of your phone
No i enabled "data network boost" and "dnd mode" still i receive notification, msg, and my second sim network is also there..

iCE

Sep 22, 2018
So how could you say that game mode is working, i can't see any difference with and without game mode on/off.
Do you have a clean ROM or is it flashed by using a custom recovery?
You might reboot after enabling Game Mode.. in most cases a reboot fixes everything. First simply reboot then if it still not functioning power off the phone wait like 5 sec and turn it back on.
Did you check whether it doesn't work at all or the ones you've listed?

Jan 26, 2018
india
You might reboot after enabling Game Mode.. in most cases a reboot fixes everything. First simply reboot then if it still not functioning power off the phone wait like 5 sec and turn it back on.
Game mode is not working for anyone

Apr 25, 2017
Yes i have a clean rom updated from zui 3.5.389, and game mode is not working for my friends also,

iCE

Sep 22, 2018
If you take 2 min to read my above posts you don't need root to uninstall Chinese apps. I even gave a list of the ones to delete.

Once you remove the Chinese apps the phone lasts for ages, longer than Indian 2.033 ROM with more apps installed.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
I removed every Chinese app I could find but still nothing much changed about the battery drain... Now with 44 min sot I'm at 83% so I'm still gonna get like 4,5h without gaming ofc Screenshot_2018-11-22-12-27-01-1016703865.png Screenshot_2018-11-22-12-27-16-2099700585.png

iCE

Sep 22, 2018
Zui 4.0.199 is not stable and i tired of that. Excessive heat. My twitter not work and more. Realy this version not good. It's powerful just on paper but In fact, it is very poor.
Actually i'm about to flash a 2.5 indian ROM. GPS is not working in some apps, battery draining, the Chinese apps, minor bugs... no thx.