ZUI 4.0.233 / 247 ST

nick234242

Oct 9, 2017
So i removed safecenter but now i cannot edit apps permission anymore.

Does anyone have notifications working properly ? Also i cannot lock apps in recents anymore

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk
U need app-opsto control permissions,
Locking apps in memory is no longer needed as long as u dont killthe apps, notifications working like charm in my 2nd day of usagewithno safecenter.
Important note dont kill the app from foreground as u wont be able to get notifications

nick234242

Oct 9, 2017
That's what I thought as well but yesterday I did get a notification for update to 4.0.247 on my Magisk systemlessly rooted unlocked bootloader 3.5.388 Zuk Z2 Pro. I clicked download and it did actually get downloaded!
After uninstalling Magisk (restore images method) I tried to install the zip in the .zuiota folder via twrp but got an Error-7.
After rebooting to system unfortunately the .zuiota zip file was missing. The Sys Upd said the usual ie phone is rooted, not possible to check for updates... However I do still see (with root) the 1 on the Sys Update icon.

Weird if you ask me..
U can always flash a twrp equivalent of the ota update that's what i do all the time. My phone is fully debloated even system update is removed only yellowpages and couple of other zui related services remain for proper functionality...

ZUKler

Jun 22, 2018
I have a short question: if I make an factory reset on ZUI 4.0.247 will my Google Sync be gone, correctly? Is it possible to reinstall Google Sync and get it working under ZUI 4.0.247? I want to make a factory reset, because I hope I solves some notification problems...

nick234242

Oct 9, 2017
I have a short question: if I make an factory reset on ZUI 4.0.247 will my Google Sync be gone, correctly? Is it possible to reinstall Google Sync and get it working under ZUI 4.0.247? I want to make a factory reset, because I hope I solves some notification problems...
Yep they'll be gone but u can re-install them,
How wioo factory reset fix ur notifications?

ZUKler

Jun 22, 2018
Yep they'll be gone but u can re-install them,
How wioo factory reset fix ur notifications?
Sounds good, because in the past I know it was only possible to install Google Sync / Google Contacts and get it working on the first ZUI version and then update OTA until latest ZUI version.

I think a factory reset will clear all permissions and so on... Hoping this will solve notification problems etc. Or do you think it won't have a effect?

nick234242

Oct 9, 2017
Sounds good, because in the past I know it was only possible to install Google Sync / Google Contacts and get it working on the first ZUI version and then update OTA until latest ZUI version.

I think a factory reset will clear all permissions and so on... Hoping this will solve notification problems etc. Or do you think it won't have a effect?
U can install contacts app and google contact sync as apks and contacts will sync normally (give them needed permissions)
As for the factory reset, i doubt it 99% :) , i removed safecenter to be able to have a functional phone yet i lost capability to lock apps in memory (first time they lock then they unlock) and app permissions which i replaced by app ops but notifications working very well now and instantly

nick234242

Oct 9, 2017
Good, does a full day with 4.5 to 5 hrs sot, on my battery, always running: 2 sync accounts running (gmail and work email) 2 whatsapps

mastriello

Sep 22, 2017
Hello
my task killer on the firmware zui 4.0.247 does not keep the app locked in memory. When I go out and get back on the same app are unlocked again, it happens to you too? I removed the safecenter may be that the problem?

nick234242

Oct 9, 2017
Hello
my task killer on the firmware zui 4.0.247 does not keep the app locked in memory. When I go out and get back on the same app are unlocked again, it happens to you too? I removed the safecenter may be that the problem?
Yes i mentioned it above, but this doesn't affect app functionality (locking/unlocking) u just have to keep app in memory, just don't clean memory or just re open the apps and keep them in background in case you cleared recents.
U didnt tell us about ur experience, apps getting push instantly?

Attachments

mastriello

Sep 22, 2017
Yes i mentioned it above, but this doesn't affect app functionality (locking/unlocking) u just have to keep app in memory, just don't clean memory or just re open the apps and keep them in background in case you cleared recents.
U didnt tell us about ur experience, apps getting push instantly?
I use a lot of whatsapp and notifications when it is left in memory work instantly after removing the security app. Is not there a way to permanently block whatsapp and be able to use the zui task killer?

n0body

Mar 17, 2018
Can someone who has installed 4.0.247 please let us know if they have corrected the bug of 3.5.388 where vibration is on when in silent with no possibility to switch it off?

xxxneoxxx

Sep 5, 2017
So im getting the OTA update message aswell on 3.5.388ST. However, my bootloader is unlocked and i'm rooted using magisk. Is there any way to update using TWRP/Redwolf? Will it work using the links in OP, even when rooted/bl unlocked? I have read sevral replies and some say it does, other say it doesnt?

Last edited: