ZUI 4.0.233 / 247 ST

BenjieB

Nov 26, 2016
Paris
So im getting the OTA update message aswell on 3.5.388ST. However, my bootloader is unlocked and i'm rooted using magisk. Is there any way to update using TWRP/Redwolf? Will it work using the links in OP, even when rooted/bl unlocked? I have read sevral replies and some say it does, other say it doesnt?
Easy, just flash the 4.0.233 full rom file with TWRP. Than, do OTA to 4.0.247 before rooting again. If this last part does not work, flash stock recovery back to allow OTA to work.

BenjieB

Nov 26, 2016
Paris
Is it possible to flash with TWRP (Redwolf in my case) leaving data/apps in place? if so, i'll need to unroot first i guess?
No need to unroot and your data will remain. Just go and flash. Very easy to do. Just be aware, 4.0.X brings notification delay with whatsapp as discussed here.

After flashing root and potentially TWRP will be gone, which is good since it will allow you to get OTA to 4.0.247. Once done, flash TWRP and root again.

Jun 24, 2017
This last update is just okay,similar to the 3.5.388 except for the blockscreen. Battery is okay as well.
I wish they could update to Android 9 with the black theme,which will make the battery last a few hours more,thanks to the s.amoled,but i think this will be probably the last update.I hope not.

Chromatic

Nov 13, 2017
"when it's done" would be the absolute honest answer. I tried alternate version running Android Pie and it worked fine, for alpha/beta version. Definitely a must try.

Chromatic

Nov 13, 2017
Honnestly, I stop using notifications. I mean, I don't really need to be disturbed with notifications: if I want to check my emails, or Whatsapp messages, I start the app. It feels like I'm more efficient without notifications.
A good for a bad.

But a stock Android Pie would be great...

xxxneoxxx

Sep 5, 2017
I wish I could.. However, I'm using this phone for work which uses whatsapp and a custom tool using the Android notification system to alert me when things go wrong outside business hours. So for me, it's an essential tool.

Still stuck on 355ST for now. Seems the most stable official fw for me, only the battery drain is terrible. Tried many tools like BBS and wakelock tools but there's no apparent reason for it to drain over 30%-40% overnight caused by an app. I've concluded its not an app but must be somewhere in the OS itself or driver related. Maybe cpu cores not clocking down in sleep.. I heard Oneplus had some models on Oreo which had terrible drains aswell whick were gone with official Pie.

Seems like every recent official Zuk release has some issue. Planning on going the custom rom route for the phone in time but since the wife is also pregnant don't wanna try a rom that might be unstable or whatever making me miss that important call.

Mar 14, 2017
Algeria
I found a lil' issue with this update in sms management, i can send a text message only with adding the telephone code to my contacts, the code of my country is 00213, although i can't send with only the + form of the telephone code (+213), i don't know if someone has the same issue as mine??

fershous

Nov 30, 2017
Someone having problems with front facing camera? I can't open it. Even with third party apps. It seems like the front camera didn't exists, the ZUI camera didn't show me the configs for the camera

Last edited:

Yag

Sep 11, 2017
Everything works fine on my phone.
But I'm not satisfied at all with battery life

Sent from my ZUK Z2121 using Tapatalk
I had same issue (and warm phone, hot phone while charging, massive drain...) - deleted "User Experience" (bloatware that also calls home) and reboot, now it´s OK!

Starchm

Sep 12, 2017