ZUI 4.0.233 / 247 ST

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
CustomRoms are the way to go with Z2 Pro.
Actually Android Pie is working good already. Android Q is to come as well for CustomRoms. So enjoy good CustomRoms and forget about ZUI ;)

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
Sry i didnt see anything cuz the screeen is so cracked. Anyway is it fine on the test device?
fine but bugged. Still beta2, now testing beta3 today evening. Android Q is not released yet so it is only a pre-version. Not to be used for daily usage

Nov 13, 2017
fine but bugged. Still beta2, now testing beta3 today evening. Android Q is not released yet so it is only a pre-version. Not to be used for daily usage
weimerd, do you think because Z2 Pro have Treble support we could dream of -at least security updates but also- Android Q, R, S... ?
I agree this would need some passionate software guys -like today- but with a 2016 design that suits 95% of my needs, I don't think why I should change !?

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
weimerd, do you think because Z2 Pro have Treble support we could dream of -at least security updates but also- Android Q, R, S... ?
I agree this would need some passionate software guys -like today- but with a 2016 design that suits 95% of my needs, I don't think why I should change !?
actually on my test device I run Android Q GSI already. Sure it is beta so not to be used for daily driver. But it will reach srable for our device for sure.
Dont know about R as it is not clear yet if there are more requirements.

Jan 14, 2017
actually on my test device I run Android Q GSI already. Sure it is beta so not to be used for daily driver. But it will reach srable for our device for sure.
Dont know about R as it is not clear yet if there are more requirements.
That's interesting!

But...

Can I run apps on Custom ROM like I do on ZUI : Once the app is closed it stays closed and doesn't keep running on the background! :cool:
It's my favorite thing about ZUI and to be honest I don't really look forward to buying a new phone because of this! :D

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
That's interesting!

But...

Can I run apps on Custom ROM like I do on ZUI : Once the app is closed it stays closed and doesn't keep running on the background! :cool:
It's my favorite thing about ZUI and to be honest I don't really look forward to buying a new phone because of this! :D
CustomRom like RR allows you to activate the function "close on back button" so the app gets closed rather than staying in memory when using back button.

Not sure for what this would be good but anyway function is there.