Zuk Edge : real official Stock rom ?

lvpl

Jul 25, 2017
Hi,

I really don't undertand, what is the real official stock rom of the ZUK Edge ?

Is it "International Rom (multilanguage) pre-installed with Android 6.0) OR Zui Rom (only english and chinese pre-installed with Android 7.0 ?

I need a real official stock rom with which i can update via OTA, so help me which rom can do that ?

Thank you for your help.

lvpl

Jul 25, 2017
1/ Currently, with the lastest QFIL version, it is with Android Nougat 7.0, isn't it ?
2/ And with this lastest QFIL version, can I always receive the future update by OTA ?
3/ With your feedback, this lastest QFIL version is stable, no issues ?

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
2.5.x is nougat.
2.3.x is marshmallow

OTA works if you had a shop rom before and now flash 2.x by qfil.

If you unlocked your bootloader anf installed a custom rom you may need to qfil 1.9. But I'm not shure if there is a 1.9 for Edge. @Groo may help you here :)

Latest stock rom seems to be quite stable. If you are fine with english/chinese only as language option this may be the best way at the moment.

Groo

Jun 6, 2017
Germany, Bavaria
No. Earliest version for Edge is 2.3.079
If you flash this via QFIL everything is original and TWRP is deletet (if you had it)
AFAIK bootloader is still unlocked, but not sure.

OTA works only with official ROM´s! No shop-ROM supports OTA!
Grossoshop-ROM offers a OTA-app but only for theyr ROM´s!

Official ROM´s support only EN/CH language.
You can change it via Morelocale but up from Android 7 everytime you restart the phone you´ll have to set it again.

If you need a ROM, look here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByQi5hHe6Cg-YUxsNlBKTlZpdlU

My private collection.
ALL ON YOUR OWN RISK!!!

lvpl

Jul 25, 2017
thank you Groo for your answer.

As you can see on this official ZUK page shop (www. zukmobile.cc/lenovo-zuk-edge-64gb-android-smart-black.html), i suppose that the version "Zui Rom (only english and chinese pre-installed with Android 7.0" is official, isn't it ?

Whatever this version is only english and chinese, the most important for me is to have the lastest OFFICIAL rom (with Android 7 if possible) with which i can receive future update by OTA.

Have you got this version "Zui Rom (only english and chinese pre-installed with Android 7.0" to download ? and how to do it, please ?

Groo

Jun 6, 2017
Germany, Bavaria

lvpl

Jul 25, 2017
No, i don't buy it there but at Aliexpress (because it's cheaper) who told me the installed rom is the international rom ZUI 2.3.079 ST (with Android 6.01).

So, according to you, to have the other official rom with Android 7.0 (only english and chinese), how must I do step by step to avoid a hard brick ?

Thank you so much for helping.

Groo

Jun 6, 2017
Germany, Bavaria
I flash my devices via QFIL on the first official ROM (Edge and Z2Pro)
Then it is your decission what to do...!
Want to update via OTA, QFIL or TWRP...?

Instructions QFIL:
https://zukfans.eu/community/threads/stock-rom.3558/

Instructions unlock and TWRP:
http://blog.grossoshop.net/lenovo-zuk-edge-rom-grossoshop/

Please READ AND UNDERSTAND both instructions bevor you start anything AND before you ask any further questions!!!

I did it myself the fist time and had no problems!!!
Use the original USB cable und a USB 2.0 on your PC!!!

EDIT: And if you have any firehose or sahara-error, PLEASE use the search-function!!!
Thank you!

Jul 19, 2017
As many of you, I witnessed a lot of trouble to update with qfil where in the end I succeeded. I have been using the phone without any trouble at all. I stared off with 2.3 and got an OTA to 2.5.406

I received a couple of days afterwards that an update exists but I could not update because I was rooted.

Now every time I go to System Update menu I get this

Your system has been root, we are unable to provide the latest version of the system.

Is there anything currently newer than 2.5.406? How do I get it without having to lose everything and start from scratch?

May 23, 2017
i have the same question yes

@Groo : i had a "shop-ROM" (with ROOT and TWRP, so) in the past but then i went back to the stock ROM (2.5.470) through QFIL.
I relocked my bootloader (status is no "relocked")

But even like that i can't receive the OTA updates. Is there any mean to get back the OTA ?thanks :)

Groo

Jun 6, 2017
Germany, Bavaria
It´s a good question...
I get a error if i want to access the unlock page...???
Maybe the update-server is unavailable at the moment, or they´ll request your ID if your unlocked or not???

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByQi5hHe6Cg-YUxsNlBKTlZpdlU

This are my ROM´s for Edge. I am uploading the actual FW 2.5.470 as a .zip for updating via TWRP.

Please be a little patient, my network is not so fast... Look for "ZUK_Edge_2.5.470_ST.zip" in the folder

memokalel

Jul 26, 2017
There is no relock for zuk edge via Qfil...

Relock with tool or fastboot is useless...
You get status "relock"..

OTA inly works with status "locked"
It means when you "unlock" your bootloader and decide "relock" it, you will never receive OTA updates?... Even when you've "relock" it?... Is what you trying to say?.. Is there a way to receive OTA updates when you have "relocked" the bootloader?