ZUK Z2 Baseband collection/versions

lunzet

Sep 15, 2016
germany
I will try to collect the List of available basebands/modems in this thread.
Discussion should take place here: https://zukfans.eu/community/threads/discussion-zuk-z2-baseband-collection-versions.4162/

I take no responsibility if you brick or damage your device !!!

List of basebands (27.04.2017)

1) filename: radio_ZUI2.5.099ST.rar
Baseband version: M8996FAAAANAZM-1.76387.1.92759.1
supported Android version: 6.x/7.x
description: new radio from beta firmware
Instructions:
  1. Download and unpack archive
  2. Load the phone into fastboot mode.
  3. Connect to PC.
  4. In the folder with the unpacked package: Run cmd and then flash_radios.bat - follow instruction on screen.
  5. Reboot.

2) filename: radios_1.6xxSE.rar -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2CgYqnPbCh_M182TngxVFNNN1k/view?usp=drivesdk
Baseband version: 9-00026-M8996FAAAANAZM-1.63821.1
description: none

3) filename: NON-HLOS_ZUI_2.5.141dev_20161210_francko76_M8996FAAAANAZM-1.70664.3.76387.1.bin / NON-HLOS_ZUI_2.5.334_ST_170116.bin
Baseband version: M8996FAAAANAZM-1.70664.3.76387.1
description: updated version. maybe only working with android 7.x ?

4) filename: zuk_z2_baseband_2.0.079.zip
Baseband version: .2.0.c1.9-00026-M8996FAAAANAZM-1
description: Install in TWRP recover as zip flash but be aware it might lock your bootloader again so before rebooting please make sure to unlock your bootloader again using fastboot mode
5) filename: baseband_2.0.079_bootloader_unlocked.zip
Baseband version: .2.0.c1.9-00026-M8996FAAAANAZM-1
description: Install in TWRP recover as zip flash
source: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74954023&postcount=15

6) filename: NON-HLOS_ZUI_2.3.042_ST_161013_9-00009-M8996FAAAANAZM-1.53476.1.bin / NON-HLOS_ZUI_1.9.044_ST_160523.bin
Baseband version: 00009-M8996FAAAANAZM-1.53476.1
description: seems to be the original baseband firmware

download available here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_e7IyAKmSLcTE0wdXcxdDhFb2c?usp=sharing

How to check your baseband version?
1) check settings - about phone
or
2) adb shell getprop gsm.version.baseband

How to backup your qcn?
1) adb shell
2) su - (to get root)
3) confirm root access on phone
4) setprop sys.usb.config diag
5) device manager shows: Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E (COM10)
now started qpst config and goto backup section. select file name (.qcn) and run start

once completed you have a valid qcn backup.

Please share your basebands and your experience/feedback in the discussions thread :)

Please report your baseband versions here:

https://zukfans.eu/community/threads/discussion-zuk-z2-baseband-collection-versions.4162/

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2016
I have DU and i am looking for 9-00026-M8996FAAAANAZM-1.63821.1. Dev said to get best result that we should flash zuk_z2_baseband_2.0.079.zip but my baseband is now .2.0.c1.9-00026-M8996FAAAANAZM-1. Is it the same version? Could anyone upload baseband 1.63821.1?

Jan 21, 2017
Last edited:

Magz Heaven

Dec 4, 2016
Philippines
m.facebook.com
Users who upgraded to the latest ZUI 2.5, either the Chinese or the Indian ROMs before unlocking bootloader will not be able to flash the current 1.6xx radio_blobs from the ZUI 2.0xx without losing the sound upon calling. I made a flashable archive that will let you flash it correctly from the NOUGAT baseband and revert it back to the stable MARSHMALLOW baseband.

Q/A:
Why make a fuss about it:
-Well, alot of users have reported signal fluctuating on the 1.7xx basebands, both from the stable Chinese and beta Indian ZUIs. I personally experienced it, and will get worst if you have 2 sims on your device. @davidevinavil recommended this version of the baseband 9-00026-M8996FAAAANAZM-1.63821.1 to fix the fluctuating signal bars. (If you dont experience any signal drops, then ignore this post
How did you do it? Will it work
-Simple. I just downloaded the full ROM then extract the necessary files, and repack everything back. Tried and tested by me. I get the call, good signal, and wonderful reception.

PROCEDURE:
-Download and unpack archive : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2CgYqnPbCh_M182TngxVFNNN1k
-Connect to PC.
-Load the phone into fastboot mode *adb reboot bootloader* debugging mode must be on
-In the folder with the unpacked package: Run cmd and then type *flash_radios.bat* - follow the instructions on the screen.
-Reboot. Check if everything is working.

Special thanks to @davidevinavil for the tip about the baseband, @SID for the necessary files for flashing and @Fedor917 for the instructions.

Jan 21, 2017
Users who upgraded to the latest ZUI 2.5, either the Chinese or the Indian ROMs before unlocking bootloader will not be able to flash the current 1.6xx radio_blobs from the ZUI 2.0xx without losing the sound upon calling. I made a flashable archive that will let you flash it correctly from the NOUGAT baseband and revert it back to the stable MARSHMALLOW baseband.

Q/A:
-Well, alot of users have reported signal fluctuating on the 1.7xx basebands, both from the stable Chinese and beta Indian ZUIs. I personally experienced it, and will get worst if you have 2 sims on your device. @davidevinavil recommended this version of the baseband 9-00026-M8996FAAAANAZM-1.63821.1 to fix the fluctuating signal bars. (If you dont experience any signal drops, then ignore this post
-Simple. I just downloaded the full ROM then extract the necessary files, and repack everything back. Tried and tested by me. I get the call, good signal, and wonderful reception.

PROCEDURE:
-Download and unpack archive : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2CgYqnPbCh_M182TngxVFNNN1k
-Connect to PC.
-Load the phone into fastboot mode *adb reboot bootloader* debugging mode must be on
-In the folder with the unpacked package: Run cmd and then type *flash_radios.bat* - follow the instructions on the screen.

Special thanks to @davidevinavil for the tip about the baseband, @SID for the necessary files for flashing and @Fedor917 for the instructions.
Do you know if the baseband recommended by Davide is in a zui qpst other than the 2.3 zui?

Dec 18, 2016
filename: NON-HLOS_ZUI_2.5.141dev_20161210_francko76_M8996FAAAANAZM-1.70664.3.76387.1.bin / NON-HLOS_ZUI_2.5.334_ST_170116.bin
Baseband version: M8996FAAAANAZM-1.70664.3.76387.1
description: updated version. maybe only working with android 7.x ?

Regarding the lack of feedback on this baseband, here is mine : absolutly no problem on call, phone or video. Quality always perfect, maybe signal seems weird sometimes but never had any problem of unreceived calls because of a bad quality signal.
About GPS : sometimes it takes about 20 or 30 sec to be fully functionnal but in most of the case, in 5 sec it's okay. Once GPS signal is ok, i've never seen any cut or other problem for using it and navigate.

I'm on DU 11.1, from february 15 from @davidevinavil .

Hope this can help.

Apr 6, 2017
After i flashe the baseband recomanded by the diry unicorns thread ,,i have a line of diferent colored pixels on the scren when the zuk is showned ,is this normal ?

lunzet

Sep 15, 2016
germany
your procedure worked like a charm without bricking the device.
not sure if it would have been required but I have added the following 2 commands to your batch just to be on the safe side :)

fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash unlock unlock_bootloader.img
pause
fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem unlock-go
pause

obviously the unlocked bootloader image is my personal one.

so would you knwo if it would have worked without my 2 additional commands?

Jun 6, 2017

Q/A:

PROCEDURE:
-Connect to PC.

Can I use it even if I am on Dirty unicorns rom? What baseband do I flash? I currently have 1.70664.3.76387.1

Nordicus

Feb 8, 2017
Having caught "soft-brick" few times on this procedure ("update modenm version"), long ago I was going to make "a collection of modems" for TWRP (to exclude "bricks" and the PC from process of up-dating of the modem).

So, we will begin.

#1. Create in a root directory of smartphone (or on a flash card if OTG is used) such chain of folders: \TWRP\BACKUPS\Zuk serial\
("Zuk serial" in this case is serial number of your Z2)

#2. Download archive (mega.nz, ~ 200 Mb), unpack and copy in the folder from #1.

#3. As a result it shall look approximately so:
Baseband Z2 local path.png
#4. Reboot smartphone in TWRP.

#5. Tap on Restore - open the folder from #1 - select the version of the modem - swipe for process start:
Baseband TWRP restore scrnshts.png
#6. Reboot in system.

Last edited:
May 22, 2017
Can I use it even if I am on Dirty unicorns rom? What baseband do I flash? I currently have 1.70664.3.76387.1
You can use it with any ROM. As far as what baseband to flash you will download Magz Heaven's file that he has in the google drive link. Follow the steps that he has listed under procedure. This will flash baseband version 9-00026-M8996FAAAANAZM-1.63821.1. I followed Magz's procedure and it worked great. One thing that I have noticed is that my GPS fix is very quick now (2-3 seconds with accuracy @5m).

I have attached a screenshot showing my baseband. I am currently running aicp ROM, which is very good BTW, but I have used this baseband with Mokee, Lineage and Slim7 as well, so the baseband works well with all the ROMs.

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

ximp2

Feb 12, 2017
#2. Download archive (mega.nz, ~ 420 Mb), unpack and copy in the folder from #1.

#3. As a result it shall look approximately so:
View attachment 2571
Can someone confirm that this works? I put the 5 folders in my twrp-folder on the mnt/sd-card/twrp/backups/[serial] but it can't find any modem partition to restore. The last screen in twrp where Nordicus' screenshot reads 'modem' is just blank for me. Is it the OTG that works?

Also, can someone confirm that in bb version which is folder nr. 3 of Nordicus (don't know if it is 1.6 or 1.7) causes the blue dot in google maps to go grey when you switch to another app and switch back? It doesn't move unless you kill the app and open it again. Also voice quality in calls seems to be choopy and bad.

Anyone have the same problems?

frapiccio

Jan 3, 2017
Can someone confirm that this works? I put the 5 folders in my twrp-folder on the mnt/sd-card/twrp/backups/[serial] but it can't find any modem partition to restore. The last screen in twrp where Nordicus' screenshot reads 'modem' is just blank for me. Is it the OTG that works?

Also, can someone confirm that in bb version which is folder nr. 3 of Nordicus (don't know if it is 1.6 or 1.7) causes the blue dot in google maps to go grey when you switch to another app and switch back? It doesn't move unless you kill the app and open it again. Also voice quality in calls seems to be choopy and bad.

Anyone have the same problems?
Are you using Fedeor TWRP? @Nordicus is using the latest one made by Fedor, maybe is this the issue.
Today I'm gonna try this method for change the BB, mine 1.5[...] with Official RR sucks.