ZUK Z2 Baseband collection/versions

DarkWinterCloud

Jan 20, 2017
Brasil
www.profixstore.com.br
Having caught "soft-brick" few times on this procedure ("update modenm version"), long ago I was going to make "a collection of modems" for TWRP (to exclude "bricks" and the PC from process of up-dating of the modem).

So, we will begin.

#1. Create in a root directory of smartphone (or on a flash card if OTG is used) such chain of folders: \TWRP\BACKUPS\Zuk serial\
("Zuk serial" in this case is serial number of your Z2)

#2. Download archive (mega.nz, ~ 420 Mb), unpack and copy in the folder from #1.

#3. As a result it shall look approximately so:
View attachment 2571
#4. Reboot smartphone in TWRP.

#5. Tap on Restore - open the folder from #1 - select the version of the modem - swipe for process start:
View attachment 2572
#6. Reboot in system.
Nordicus, so this process shall update the baseband of the phone to the selected version folder without the chance of bricks, am I right? Can you sugest a good baseband to use with a 7.1.2 custom rom? Currently I'm using ViperOS and I have GSM signal fluctuation and wifi stability problem, GPS and voice in call works ok.
Thanks!

Nordicus

Feb 8, 2017
this process shall update the baseband of the phone to the selected version folder without the chance of bricks, am I right?
Yes, that's right.

Can you sugest a good baseband to use with a 7.1.2 custom rom?
The quality of receiving a mobile network signal depends on many factors.
It seems to me that you need to consistently try all the modems.

DarkWinterCloud

Jan 20, 2017
Brasil
www.profixstore.com.br
Yes, that's right.

The quality of receiving a mobile network signal depends on many factors.
It seems to me that you need to consistently try all the modems.
Thanks for the reply, the only baseband besides the 1.6 versions that everything works is .2.0.c1.9-00026-M8996FAAAANAZM-1, which version is this? I mean, do you know from what stock version this baseband is used?

Also, just a heads up, in order for the recovery restore properly those images, the 3.1.0 fedor version needs to be used, I was on the stock TWRP version and for some reason, on the folders it was recognizing the Modem images as Firmware images, so I swiched the recovery version, since I saw on your post that you were using the fedor version, and everything went fine...
Thank you for the work!

adman

Dec 7, 2016
Having caught "soft-brick" few times on this procedure ("update modenm version"), long ago I was going to make "a collection of modems" for TWRP (to exclude "bricks" and the PC from process of up-dating of the modem).
So basically we have to "restore" it instead of flashing it ? Thank you for this post it is very helpful i will test it today.
EDIT: Works like a charm Thank You!
EDIT2: i have no call sound after flashing the 1.6

Last edited:

snuffxxx

Jul 10, 2017
So basically we have to "restore" it instead of flashing it ? Thank you for this post it is very helpful i will test it today.
EDIT: Works like a charm Thank You!
EDIT2: i have no call sound after flashing the 1.6
I'm on DU 11.5 and have some random signal drops with 1.7 baseband. Tried the 1.6 which is promoted as the best compatible in order to prevent loss of reception, had yesterday the same problem. No sound at all and restored back the 1.7 version. Great topic, keep up the good work mate!

darkboys

May 1, 2017
Users who upgraded to the latest ZUI 2.5, either the Chinese or the Indian ROMs before unlocking bootloader will not be able to flash the current 1.6xx radio_blobs from the ZUI 2.0xx without losing the sound upon calling. I made a flashable archive that will let you flash it correctly from the NOUGAT baseband and revert it back to the stable MARSHMALLOW baseband.

Q/A:
Why make a fuss about it:
-Well, alot of users have reported signal fluctuating on the 1.7xx basebands, both from the stable Chinese and beta Indian ZUIs. I personally experienced it, and will get worst if you have 2 sims on your device. @davidevinavil recommended this version of the baseband 9-00026-M8996FAAAANAZM-1.63821.1 to fix the fluctuating signal bars. (If you dont experience any signal drops, then ignore this post
How did you do it? Will it work
-Simple. I just downloaded the full ROM then extract the necessary files, and repack everything back. Tried and tested by me. I get the call, good signal, and wonderful reception.

PROCEDURE:
-Download and unpack archive : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2CgYqnPbCh_M182TngxVFNNN1k
-Connect to PC.
-Load the phone into fastboot mode *adb reboot bootloader* debugging mode must be on
-In the folder with the unpacked package: Run cmd and then type *flash_radios.bat* - follow the instructions on the screen.
-Reboot. Check if everything is working.

Special thanks to @davidevinavil for the tip about the baseband, @SID for the necessary files for flashing and @Fedor917 for the instructions.
Base rom indian 2.5.104. Bootloader lock is on. TwrP-3.1.1-0 is installed. Costum rom ResurrectionRemix 5.8.3 is installed.

question; In this case, is the baseband installation suitable?

Bodygard

Dec 12, 2016
Tried this baseband M8996FAAAANAZM-1.76387.1.92759.1 no LTE anywhere, 3G seems stable.

Tried this baseband M8996FAAAANAZM-1.70664.3.76387.1 a lot of drops in signal, constantly fluctuating from 3G to LTE...

Tried this baseband 9-00026-M8996FAAAANAZM-1.63821.1 the most stable yet but drops signal once in a while

Have to try the others but it seems there is no perfect baseband with stable signal 3G and LTE.

Using nougat, AEX by Davide.

Magz Heaven

Dec 4, 2016
Philippines
m.facebook.com
Tried this baseband M8996FAAAANAZM-1.76387.1.92759.1 no LTE anywhere, 3G seems stable.

Tried this baseband M8996FAAAANAZM-1.70664.3.76387.1 a lot of drops in signal, constantly fluctuating from 3G to LTE...

Tried this baseband 9-00026-M8996FAAAANAZM-1.63821.1 the most stable yet but drops signal once in a while

Have to try the others but it seems there is no perfect baseband with stable signal 3G and LTE.

Using nougat, AEX by Davide.
Both 1.76xx and 1.63xx were zipped by me, and I do agree with you there is no perfect baseband for our device.

El Psy Congroo

Magz Heaven

Dec 4, 2016
Philippines
m.facebook.com
I made a flashable baseband from the Indian Nougat ZUI that can be flashed thru fastboot. You guys can check this out.

Baseband Version: M8996FAAAANAZM-1.76387.1.92759.1

Warning: Flash at your own risk.

PROCEDURE
Radio_Blobs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2CgYqnPbCh_Q2N0Vmd1d00ySFk/view?usp=drivesdk
-Connect to PC.
-Load the phone into fastboot mode *adb reboot bootloader* debugging mode must be on
-In the folder with the unpacked package: Run cmd and then type *flash_radios.bat* - follow the instructions on the screen.

Note: Never flash basebands from Nougat(1.7xx) ROMs while using Marshmallow ROMs, as you will not be able to receive calls. On the other hand, flashing Marshmallow(1.6xx) basebands while using Nougat is just fine.

Special thanks to:
@SID for his files needed to flash this baseband
@Fedor917 for his advices and lessons

El Psy Congroo

Oct 24, 2016
I made a flashable baseband from the Indian Nougat ZUI that can be flashed thru fastboot. You guys can check this out.

PROCEDURE
Radio_Blobs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2CgYqnPbCh_Q2N0Vmd1d00ySFk/view?usp=drivesdk
-Connect to PC.

Note: Never flash basebands from Nougat(1.7xx) ROMs while using Marshmallow ROMs, as you will not be able to receive calls. On the other hand, flashing Marshmallow(1.6xx) basebands while using Nougat is just fine.

Special thanks to:

El Psy Congroo
Im in Du Rom 11.5 Can flash it ?

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

Oct 24, 2016
Now i have this baseband version and i have a lot of drop signal Most time

What should i do now ?

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

slackdna

Mar 21, 2017

PROCEDURE
Radio_Blobs:
-Connect to PC.

Special thanks to:

El Psy Congroo
hi magz, is this just re-post ?, 3 months ago you've share the same file

noel_fs

Aug 9, 2017
By far the best working for me is 1.76. Just a minor issue that while not using data the signal goes to 0 bars but the signal is still being good, so no complains.

1.70 is a fucking mess and 1.6 is quite decent.

himanshu

Aug 22, 2017
updated baseband coming from filename: zuk_z2_baseband_2.0.079.zip
hiii i am on discovery custom rom 7.1.2 i try to change my baseband through twrp i flased it but in boot-loader my boot-loader doesn't get locked after the installiation and the baseband can"t install i try the to flash from the older version of twrp recovery but story remains the same

i am on M8996FAAAANAZM-1.76387.1.92759.1 AND IN THIS SIGNALS FLUCTUATE A LOT