ZUK Z2 Baseband collection/versions

Sep 23, 2017
@lunzet Is it okay to flash the ZUI 2.5's baseband on ZUI 2.0? I am on marshmallow indian Zui 2.0.133 ST i am thinking of flashing baseband of chinese ZUI 2.5.334 ST. Will it brick the phone? I am stock no unlocked bootloader, complete factory stock.

lunzet

Sep 15, 2016
germany
@lunzet Is it okay to flash the ZUI 2.5's baseband on ZUI 2.0? I am on marshmallow indian Zui 2.0.133 ST i am thinking of flashing baseband of chinese ZUI 2.5.334 ST. Will it brick the phone? I am stock no unlocked bootloader, complete factory stock.
Then dont do it

Gesendet von meinem Z2 Plus mit Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2017
LOS 14.1 Oct build. Soon, I'll upgrade AEX 5.1
Can you please check if the caller heard his own voice twice like an echo on that ROM and your current ROM? Every ROM I tried have the same problem, the caller complains that he can hear his own voice again. Please check and tell me.

GNVT

Mar 18, 2017
Portugal
Can you please check if the caller heard his own voice twice like an echo on that ROM and your current ROM? Every ROM I tried have the same problem, the caller complains that he can hear his own voice again. Please check and tell me.
I've already made several calls and no one has complained about that. Might be a carrier problem.

GNVT

Mar 18, 2017
Portugal
Oh. I am feeling the same, it might be my carrier at fault. Just because of this problem I am forced to use ZUI.
That was the first thing I checked after flashing the baseband because I was afraid of getting the "no sound" bug on calls or that double voice bug. Luckily, I had none of those problems...

Try to dig in your carrier and SIM card settings and troubleshoot it, hope it all works out for you. Also, try messing with noise cancellation and speaker phone, sometimes those things affect eachother.

Sep 23, 2017
That was the first thing I checked after flashing the baseband because I was afraid of getting the "no sound" bug on calls or that double voice bug. Luckily, I had none of those problems...

Try to dig in your carrier and SIM card settings and troubleshoot it, hope it all works out for you. Also, try messing with noise cancellation and speaker phone, sometimes those things affect eachother.
Oh thanks for the tip. I am planning to flash some ROMs today, got some time off so. Let's see how it goes.

Nov 19, 2017
Nordicus, so this process shall update the baseband of the phone to the selected version folder without the chance of bricks, am I right? Can you sugest a good baseband to use with a 7.1.2 custom rom? Currently I'm using ViperOS and I have GSM signal fluctuation and wifi stability problem, GPS and voice in call works ok.
Thanks!
Can you please provide fedor version twrp link?

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

eltorito

Mar 3, 2017
Having caught "soft-brick" few times on this procedure ("update modenm version"), long ago I was going to make "a collection of modems" for TWRP (to exclude "bricks" and the PC from process of up-dating of the modem).

So, we will begin.

#1. Create in a root directory of smartphone (or on a flash card if OTG is used) such chain of folders: \TWRP\BACKUPS\Zuk serial\
("Zuk serial" in this case is serial number of your Z2)

#2. Download archive (mega.nz, ~ 200 Mb), unpack and copy in the folder from #1.

#3. As a result it shall look approximately so:
View attachment 2571
#4. Reboot smartphone in TWRP.

#5. Tap on Restore - open the folder from #1 - select the version of the modem - swipe for process start:
View attachment 2572
#6. Reboot in system.
Thank you very much!! I read a lot of guide for flashing modem but only your its clear, easy and super fast!

raphaelbl

Jan 25, 2018
I lost my imei settings (sim card) and no longer recognize the sim card.

Would any solution be possible updating baseband?
He simply stopped reading from nowhere.

Jan 31, 2017
www.subhro.in
I made a flashable baseband from the Indian Nougat ZUI that can be flashed thru fastboot. You guys can check this out.

Baseband Version: M8996FAAAANAZM-1.76387.1.92759.1

Warning: Flash at your own risk.

PROCEDURE
Radio_Blobs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2CgYqnPbCh_Q2N0Vmd1d00ySFk/view?usp=drivesdk
-Connect to PC.
-Load the phone into fastboot mode *adb reboot bootloader* debugging mode must be on
-In the folder with the unpacked package: Run cmd and then type *flash_radios.bat* - follow the instructions on the screen.
-Reboot. Check if everything is working.

Note: Never flash basebands from Nougat(1.7xx) ROMs while using Marshmallow ROMs, as you will not be able to receive calls. On the other hand, flashing Marshmallow(1.6xx) basebands while using Nougat is just fine.

Special thanks to:
@SID for his files needed to flash this baseband
@Fedor917 for his advices and lessons

El Psy Congroo
Is there any risk of data loss..
I mean will my Internal storage be formatted or deleted using this method.?
Do I need to have backup of internal storage too?

mgforce

Jun 23, 2017
Hi, this is quite an old post. But sharing my recent feedback.

I am from India, having Jio mobile connection which is VoLTE. My ROM was SuperiorOS Pie and I was facing issues in calling from Jio SIM to other Jio mobile nos. The call went and ended immediately causing a missed call on other side. Jio to other non-Jio numbers call went quite well.

I was on baseband 1.70 which was from latest ZUI 4.x but learnt that it was the culprit. Did flash via QPST of India ZUI 2.5 and all problems resolved.

My Baseband version is now : M8996FAAAANAZM-1.76387.1.92759.1
Just to confirm, it supports Android version: 6.x/7.x/8.x/9.x/10.x