• PC with Windows ;
  • Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro ;
  • Connection cable USB ;
  • adb / fastboot HERE ;
Installation adb / fastboot:
  • Go here to download the ' SDK of Android ;
  • Proceed to install the files.
Unlock the Bootloader:
  • From your device go to " About -> ZUI version" , scroll down and click " build number " continuously until a message will not be shown on the screen;
  • Go back to your "Menu Settings " and go to " Advanced settings / Developers Option ", scroll, then, down by activating the debug USB ;

• Go back to the menu Settings / About / Status

• Write down your serial number of z2 is 6 digits (Serial number)

• Connect your phone to your PC via cable USB ;
  • Remember to accept the RSA key by flagging them off as soon as you see the message on the phone;
  • Go to the directory folder Fastboot / ADB , hold the "key Shift ", click with the right button of themouse and then again click " Open Command Window Here ";
  • To test the connection to the device (must appear the S / N ), the terminal window you just opened, type: adb devices
  • Start the mode bootloader or fastboot . To do this, you can run the command code, while the device is connected to the PC: adb reboot bootloader
  • Now, the ZUK Z2 is not recognized as a device, you must specify the ' id OEM . The code is "-i 0x2b4c ", any command fastboot must be suffixed with the following code: -i 0x2b4c

• Now, go to this site:
http://developer.zuk.com/bootloader

• Place your SN and add two zeros "00" at the end , then wait for the email from ZUK. Check SPAM and other folders as required incase it does not hit your inbox.

• Copy the files unlock_bootloader.img in adb directory
  • Now type the command for unlocking:
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash unlock unlock_bootloader.img

• Once you get the confirmation message, you have to type the following command ( which will format your internal memory ):
fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem unlock-go

• You can disconnect the cable USB
Credits: http://www.zukfans.it/2016/07/10/guida-come-sbloccare-il-bootloader-su-lenovo-zuk-z2/ thanks guys :)

Notes: Flashing the bootloader wipes all userdata! BACKUP FIRSTLY!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkH-ZUK

Founder of ZUKFans
Staff member
Jun 3, 2016
Special note about serial:

IF serial number is 6 digits add 00 at the end.

IF serial number is 7 digits add 0 at the end.

IF serial number is 8 digits you do not need to add any other digits to the end.

Cheers,

Mark

Jul 7, 2016
Germany
there is a typo. in "pre-requirements". this guid if for the z2 not z2 pro :)

and it's not clear for me. do I have to boot into fastboot mode or bootloader mode? it's not clear as you are writing "or".

Jul 7, 2016
Germany
I did it the zuk fans it way.. Unlock bootloader + install super su 2.7X , no problem, cleared up system apps, installed viper for droid. Total pr0n <3
have you installed custom recovery (twrp)? cause my question is: do we get further updates while using a custom recovery? or do we still get them via OTA but can't install it cause of twrp? And do I even receive further updates while rooting / installing supersu?

Jul 5, 2016
Italy
have you installed custom recovery (twrp)? cause my question is: do we get further updates while using a custom recovery? or do we still get them via OTA but can't install it cause of twrp? And do I even receive further updates while rooting / installing supersu?
Good question

Jul 2, 2016
- Yes

- Depends, let see, otherwise let's flash the .44 and update. But on my uni super I'm able to get ota... let see.

vespino75

Jul 24, 2016
Guys... Sorry, a question:

If flash the stock rom, will the bootoloader be locked again?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Michiel

Jul 24, 2016
how do i get the phone in right mode when i want to flash with qpst tool?
I unlocked the bootloader but can't get the port 9008 available any more