ZUK Z2 Bootloader Unlock

Dec 21, 2016
I used hex-editting capable note pad plus.
You can easily change the serial no. since it was shown as ASCII. But I have no idea how to change or what to replace in the image part. So I chaged the serial no., saved the file and loaded to the phone. It did not take it.

I also shared my image file here so that anyone could try it but no succes story.

The reason I did it was I need to unlock two Zuk phones and Zuk allows only one image request per account per 30 days. I end up have two Zuk accounts.

schoofi

Sep 21, 2017
independent if it works or not (I am waiting for my phone to be delivered, so I cannot test it), what would happen if the image is a faulty image?would it destroy the bootloader?

Dec 21, 2016
independent if it works or not (I am waiting for my phone to be delivered, so I cannot test it), what would happen if the image is a faulty image?would it destroy the bootloader?
You are wiring the image via ADB. As I recalled, it did not load it (write it) at all. It did not destory my bootlaoder though. If it is a correct image you would get the confimation message within 5 sec.

Sep 26, 2017
Hi Everyone,
Have a doubt.
I had requested for bootloader unlock and got the file through mail. I haven't unlocked my phone yet.
Am I still eligible for warranty. My phone is still in locked state.

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
Hi Everyone,
Have a doubt.
I had requested for bootloader unlock and got the file through mail. I haven't unlocked my phone yet.
Am I still eligible for warranty. My phone is still in locked state.
If you worry then dont unlock. Simple.

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
sidenote: if you flash ZUI 1.9 later on you get back OTA functionality and a factory default bootloader completely locked like you got the phone ;)

Yann

Oct 1, 2017
Hello,
I tried this link several times with different emails (gmail.com free.fr gmx.fr ) I never received the file
I read that you could edit the file I would like to try
Yann

Dec 21, 2016
Hello,
I tried this link several times with different emails (gmail.com free.fr gmx.fr ) I never received the file
I read that you could edit the file I would like to try
Yann
You could edit the file but it will not work. You can check any message in this thread.
The site is down sometime.
Try this way again.
Appernetly, you have to be login to the passport.zuk.com while you are requesting the code.
goto https://passport.zuk.com/wauthen3/preLogin and create the account using your email. Get email confirmation and login to that account.
Open the new tab and goto http://developer.zuk.com/bootloader_2 and request the unlock code using the email that you registered with the passport.zuk.com.

Yann

Oct 1, 2017
hello
here is the message I received

I am sorry, DC will power off at 2017.10.01--2017.10.03, please apply unlock bootloader img later, thanks!

抱歉,十一假期机房停电, 2017.10.3号能恢复,抱歉!

I think I have to wait until October 3 to request the file
yann

DriftWood

Oct 5, 2017
Hello.

Unsuccessfully tried to flash the my Zuk 2 Pro Z2121 and seem to have hard bricked the phone. After pouring through videos, websites, and forums, I am at a total loss. Sorry if the answer is already in this thread, but I just can't seem to find the solution.

Current State

Phone is completely unresponsive, but seems stuck in edl 9008 mode. No screen activity. Will not boot. No LED or vibration. Power button seems to briefly disconnect the 9008 port before automatically reconnecting to the PC. Only indicator is through the PC. QFIL, MiFlash, and Windows Device Manager sees the disconnect & reconnect. ADB does not see the device from the command prompt.

What I've Done

Been messing around with this for awhile, trying everything, so I may miss something here. I'll try to work backwards from most recent efforts to earliest.
  • Flash Z2121_CN_OPEN_USER_Q01002.1_M_ZUI_1.9.104_ST_160617_qpst\prog_ufs_firehose_8996_ddr.elf with MiFlash 2016.03.30.0 (64-bit). Operation completed successfully, but no change. Trying the same thing with QFIL 2.0.1.1 results in :Download Fail: FireHose Fail: FHLoader Fail: Process fail". MiFlash 2017.4.25.0 quickly generates errors. With 2 out of 3 not working, I wonder whether MiFlash 2016.03.30.0 is actually succeeding?
  • Using MiFlash 2016.03.30.0, flashing Zui 2.5.462 after using deep flash cable is what seemed to HARD BRICK the phone. It's at after this point that I put Win 10 in developer mode. Note that I was having difficulty flashing at all until I read that time is a factor, suggesting that the port only remains "open" briefly. While MiFlash indicated the operation was successful, the phone did not reboot and became unresponsive. Seems like it is locked in 9008 mode. Device Manager shows Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM5), currently a permanent state.
  • Failing to flash over and over I followed the SDfuse method. BRICKed! Phone would reboot showing the Zuk logo and wouldn't turn off. Once the battery died I was able to move on to the above with a deep flash cable.
  • Flashed Zui 2.5.462 using MiFlash 2017.4.25.0 without putting PC in Developer mode to no effect. Wouldn't take, didn't affect the operation of the loaded OS & ROM. Didn't follow all the steps of the tutorial properly, but the phone was fine, just no update.
Sources

QFIL ROM Flashing Guide
and QFIL ROM & Unbrick Guide were sources for moving through the above. Not exclusively though. I've read through this forum, videos, etc..

Objective

To have the latest version of Zui and Android 7.0 with ota support. However, I am ready to lower my expectations to simply having a functioning phone and having not through money out the window.

Help!