ZUK Z2 Bootloader Unlock

djsahin

Nov 5, 2017
hi everybody pls some can help me about this problem adb devices wiht ı find my phone then then ı click okey from phone then adb reboot bootlader but nothings is happend!

Oct 21, 2017
If u updated your phone to 7.0 u might see the zuk driver version (preloaded) is v1.0.8 uninstall it and install v1.0.6 will solve your problem 50% if u face any problem u can share

DuDiiC

May 18, 2017
Whien I write in the comand line fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash unlock unlock_bootloader.img I see information:
"target reported max download size of 1610612736 bytes
sending 'unlock' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.037s]
writing 'unlock'...
FAILED (remote: unlock failed)
finished. total time: 0.065s"

What I should do?

Sep 10, 2017
Special note about serial:

IF serial number is 6 digits add 00 at the end.

IF serial number is 7 digits add 0 at the end.

IF serial number is 8 digits you do not need to add any other digits to the end.

Cheers,

Mark
hi, please take a look into this if you have the time : when I'm on a call, i receive messages itll make tones and vibrations, notificating me that i have new messages, but when i end the call and if I receive any other message notification sound wont work, it wont work even if I go under setting>>sound etc>>>notification sound, those ogg files stop making sound, like it were desconnected from the system, it only comes back to normal after rebooting the phone, so I associated that the problem is with the phone.apk, but im no dev, dont know how to change things, i do not want to use custom rom for its dark camera, and FS doesnt work 100%(tested at least 6 different roms and combination of kernels) I tried deodexed zui rom, but the notification problem is still present, I'm here to ask any of you who have the knowledge to help me figure out how to fix that on the stock zui, i tryed rooting the device and then chaging the ogg files to another place but to no avail, please , Im already begging you guys, help me!
from a sad dude
oh, btw on custom roms notifications work normally. and the same problem is also present on stock indian zui

way to reproduce problem: make a call and start sending lots of messages from another phone to zuk, during the call which zuk is making, eventually the tones will get messy, then hang up, send another message, done, no more notification sound.

forgot to say version 1.9.044 works normally, and i just noticed that during the call it does not make any tone sound, it only vibrates...so im guessing that maybe if I just could stop that tone from messing with notification sound on updated zui 2.5/3.1, it could solve my problem entirely,

(edit part 2) so, definetely the tones is the culprit, like I said zui 1.9.044 doesnt make any tones, actually it doesnt even vibrates, did a test to my wife's redmi 4x which is on miui 9, and it too doesnt have the tones nor does it vibrate, so I'm 87% sure that's the problem
but...how to remove that from zui 2.5.xxx or 3.1.xxx?

I noticed that zuk lacks of call alerts feature, where the notification tone could be disabled and under call setting , switch to silent doesnt make it stop

Leon533

May 30, 2017
Hey. Can someone generate a file on lenovo because I can not register because there is an incorrect phone number. Without registration, the file does not come to me. I am waiting two days and nothing. I checked everything for mail.

Last edited:

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
Hey. Can someone generate a file on lenovo because I can not register because there is an incorrect phone number. Without registration, the file does not come to me. I am waiting two days and nothing. I checked everything for mail. SN-xxxxxx
please delete SN. I will help you, need to wait shortly.

Leon533

May 30, 2017
Thank you for cheering. I already have a file. I have used e-mail and password from this thread. After logging in, it generated immediately

Chris1205

Jan 6, 2018
Okay, I just bought this phone last year and got it on friday. Thanks to this great forum I'm now on chinese Nougat Rom, which is okay, but that's not what i ordered this phone for ;)
However, i tried to get that bootloader unlock Image regarding all those tips and hints in this thread, i tried multiple browsers, multiple e-mail-adresses, a new lenovo account without any dots that isn't gmail or hotmail... i get the message that the file has been seend and i get forwarded to the next page, but when i check for e-mails, nothing is there. not in the inbox, not in the spam folder, i filled everything in correctly and now i don't know what to do. Since someone was successful in december last year I'm not giving up hope. Am I being impatient? Because so many people write it took minutes for them, and it's 36 hours for me now. I was so hyped when I got this sweet piece of hardware, and now it turns more into frustration. Never had any issues unlocking any devices I had before. I just need this file ;(
Did i miss anything?

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
t.me
I was successful getting the file some days ago.

Make sure you are registered and logged into your Lenovo account.
Then move to bootloader page. Type in the same email address you are logged in with.
Then it works within minutes.
I used a gmx.net account for mail.

mkey

Jul 24, 2017
Okay, I just bought this phone last year and got it on friday. Thanks to this great forum I'm now on chinese Nougat Rom, which is okay, but that's not what i ordered this phone for ;)
However, i tried to get that bootloader unlock Image regarding all those tips and hints in this thread, i tried multiple browsers, multiple e-mail-adresses, a new lenovo account without any dots that isn't gmail or hotmail... i get the message that the file has been seend and i get forwarded to the next page, but when i check for e-mails, nothing is there. not in the inbox, not in the spam folder, i filled everything in correctly and now i don't know what to do. Since someone was successful in december last year I'm not giving up hope. Am I being impatient? Because so many people write it took minutes for them, and it's 36 hours for me now. I was so hyped when I got this sweet piece of hardware, and now it turns more into frustration. Never had any issues unlocking any devices I had before. I just need this file ;(
Did i miss anything?
Send them an email, bro.

zukfans.eu/community/threads/zuk-z2-bootloader-unlock.62/page-25#post-58063

Chris1205

Jan 6, 2018
I guess I'll give this site one more shot, even though i did everything weimard mentioned in that exact order already. I'll try the e-mail if it doesn't work the normal way, but i have bad experiences with e-mail-support. do you maybe know how long it'll take until i get a response? it's weekend now, so it'll take a while, won't it? Thanks to both of you :)