ZUK Z2 Bootloader Unlock

May 8, 2017
I'll give it a shot
Update: It worked. Didn't even take 24 hrs. Thx Mate :)
Hey! I had the exact same problem but i tried this like 6 months ago. To what email adress did you mail and what did you ask them for and what information did they need from you? It would make my life so much easier since I forgot all the steps and everything that I did so I won't be forced to go through all the steps again.

Chris1205

Jan 6, 2018
Hey! I had the exact same problem but i tried this like 6 months ago. To what email adress did you mail and what did you ask them for and what information did they need from you? It would make my life so much easier since I forgot all the steps and everything that I did so I won't be forced to go through all the steps again.
I mailed to devworld@zuk.com
Topic: unlock bootloader image

"Hello, i'm having difficulties getting the unlock_bootloader.img from developer.zuk.com/bootloader_2

Please provide me with that file. My phone is a Zuk Z2, my serial number is *enter serial here*. Thanks in advance :)"

And that is it. I later got an answer from that adress telling me to check my e-mails and i also got the unlock_bootloader.img in a separate e-mail

Hope that helped a bit

Alexzui

Jul 30, 2016
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Is there others way to unlock bootloader?
Yes, there is and it's easy.
Just flash ZUI 1.9 with QFIL to lock the bootloader and to get ota updates, if it's nessecary.
Then let ota updates get in and install.
When you're at ZUI 3.8.388 ST, you can unlock again with adb "fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem unlock-go". Don't forget usb debugging in developpers options.
Which OS you're device is on now?

Sep 6, 2016
Indian stock rom. Today flashed it to zui 1.9 via qfil. System updates says ota update available but when to try download it the system says connect error to server. Tomorrow i'll try flash it to zui 2.5.344st...

Alexzui

Jul 30, 2016
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Indian stock rom. Today flashed it to zui 1.9 via qfil. System updates says ota update available but when to try download it the system says connect error to server. Tomorrow i'll try flash it to zui 2.5.344st...
Well, don't try to download from updateapp, but use downloadbutton in the notification, which comes in on your mainscreen. Did you try that?

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
Don't do this. It doesn't work. It will simply return a "remote oem unlock is not allowed" error. You need to flash the unlock_bootloader.img provided by Zuk.
That's wrong. From ZUI 3.5.xxx on you don't need unlock_bootloader.img anymore.

You need to allow OEM unlock in developer options first, then just unlock by "fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem unlock-go" .
If you did not allow OEM unlock option in developer setting then you get error message.

Enjoy and good luck :)