Zuk Z2 Pro does not exit EDL mode

Oct 29, 2016
Hello guys.
Yesterday I had a problem with my cell phone, I was using Rom Mokee and out of nowhere the cell phone rebooted and did not call any more, I tried to install other roms via twrp but halfway I started again. Then I started to download the stock rom to put via QFIL, I installed but the phone did not call, it was on the boot screen and from there it did not leave. I was downloading other versions and when I finally thought it was right because it gave "success in QFIL" the phone did not call, I tried everything but do not exit the EDL mode, I can not connect, fastboot or recovery nor adb. I tried to install by MiFlash but also the error, I think the phone is not responding but in QFIL it appears like "Qualcomm HS-USB QLoader 9008 (COM7)", ie, it was to work since it is recognized, now in the last attempt ta Giving the "Sahara Fail" but the file is already in the disc C: //.

I would like to know some alternatives to get out of EDL.

Mar 4, 2017
Is the blue LED flashing?
Try to press and hold power button until phone vibrates.
Now you have to press as fast as you can the Vol- button (and hold it down) while pressing power button until newly vibrate.
Release power button and if it was quick enougth you should access the fastboot mode.

Remember: MIFlash uses the fastboot mode.

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
you may put it at least in one folder under C:\

so like C:\Zuk\

Using the root directory C:\ will result in Sahara error as well.

Oct 29, 2016
Is the blue LED flashing?
Try to press and hold power button until phone vibrates.
Now you have to press as fast as you can the Vol- button (and hold it down) while pressing power button until newly vibrate.
Release power button and if it was quick enougth you should access the fastboot mode.

Remember: MIFlash uses the fastboot mode.

Does not light anything, only thing that does is that the computer and QFIL recognizes as COM port, that's it, I can not connect or access anything.

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
if it does not react totally: hold power button for TWO MINUTES (no joke).

Enjoy phone again then ;)

virusib

Sep 26, 2017
hey guys, i have the same problem with my phone don't exits from EDL mode, i´ve tried everything that everyone said, and may phone looks the same. someone have an solution?? tks

weimerd

ZUKFans Staff
Staff member
Sep 6, 2016
hey guys, i have the same problem with my phone don't exits from EDL mode, i´ve tried everything that everyone said, and may phone looks the same. someone have an solution?? tks
just flash ZUI 1.9 with qfil. It will end with reboot.

Z3po

Oct 10, 2017
Hey I've had the very same problem around two times, too.
The issue presented like the following:
* Phone has a black screen and no light is on (no blue led or anything similiar. just total darkness)
* Phone seems to be in EDL mode (identifies itself as "Qualcomm HS-USB QLoader 9008 (COM7)" via USB)
* Holding the power button for a short time does nothing
* Holding the power button for a longer time vibrates the phone (seems to restart) and goes directly back into EDL-mode. No bootup messages. No nothing. Just a vibration.

I have no Idea how I entered that state...I was wondering if my pocket just pressed a strange sequence of buttons or was holding any button for just too long. I couldn't reproduce it and it did not happen again for months :)

How to resolve?
I think in that state you have 2 possibilities:
* wait until the phone is completely discharged (will take a very long time as this mode seems to be very battery-"friendly")
* Press the power-button exactly that amount of time until the device turns OFF (no joke)

I have been so lucky after a long time of sweating, googling and trying whatever combination of presses -- to press the power-button exactly that amount of time and the device has turned off. Afterwards I was able to just turn it on again.
This state is really frustrating as everyone else always states "there's a blue light" and whatsoever, but there is just darkness...
And I didn't like the Idea of having to flash something and lose my current Setup (well yeah I have a backup, but still).
Probably you can try to watch the USB-events to see when exactly the device is turned off to let lose the power-button....

In the End: Good luck! Just keep trying. You can definitely leave that state :)