1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZUK Z3 Max listed at Gearbest! ...Whaaaat?

Discussion in 'Fan Lobby' started by maxionline, Jul 12, 2017.

1. maxionline

maxionline Member

mikezilla2 and OnePlus like this.
  2. OnePlus

OnePlus Active Member

Wow, nice spot. It's a shame there aren't more specs shown in the listing, but it does seem to indicate it will have 256GB of storage and 8GB RAM as the leaked screenshots suggested. 20MP and 16MP cameras are also stated. I am hoping the wording of 'Phablet' in the title and the 4,000mAh battery means a screen size of at least 5.5", since the ZUK Z2 is too small for me. It would also be nice to have AMOLED like on the Z2 Pro.

They are expecting stock in 7-15 days so we should hopefully find out more about this device very soon, assuming that estimate is indeed correct. ;) I'm very excited about this device!

EDIT: I just checked the listing and it is showing the price as almost £450. While that is good value in comparison with the OnePlus 5, it will be far too expensive for me to afford since my budget for a new handset is around £300. I am hoping for another model with 6GB RAM and 128GB of storage.

Otherwise i'll probably end up getting the ZTE Axon 7, which is available for as little as £225 on AliExpress and offers a SD820, 4GB RAM, 5.5" 2560x1440 AMOLED and Dolby Atmos dual-stereo speakers, as well as 64GB of storage and a MicroSD expansion slot. :p

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  3. maxionline

maxionline Member

but still im not sure if will come a new smartphone from Zuk, maybe this is a marketing movement of gearbest to get to their page looking for the Zuk Z3 in google... Take that gearbest publication with a pinch of salt..

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    OnePlus likes this.
  4. OnePlus

OnePlus Active Member

Yeah... I'm probably getting a bit carried away with it all to be honest. :D It's just exciting for me because i'm currently on the verge of buying a new phone; with the only thing holding me back being the rumours about this new 'ZUK Z3'.

I might just forget about it and order myself an Axon 7 from China, since the ZUK Z3 wouldn't be anywhere near as cheap and is unlikely to include features like the dual-stereo speakers, which is something i'm really enthusiastic about getting.

5. maxionline

maxionline Member

Same as me, i need a new smartphone and i am waiting for real news about Zuk. But my options are limited because i need B4 for LTE, and there are very few with that band support :(

OnePlus likes this.
  6. mikezilla2

mikezilla2 Member

So what happened with this ?

pretty much the only reason i got the ZUK Z2 outside of the Fact that it has almost everything i Need was the Cost less than 150USD at the time

regardless waiting on Android O

7. weimerd

weimerd Well-Known Member

Zuk was the very first one spreading out Nougat to its devices. I'm not worried for Android O ;)

8. Marcin89

Marcin89 New Member

[​IMG]
    "July, August, September three months four events"
    We wait;)

mikezilla2 likes this.
  9. maxionline

maxionline Member

I am losing hope about Z3, nothing more in the chinese forums...

10. Marcin89

Marcin89 New Member

I found this picture in the Chinese forum ..;)
    Maybe it's not an official render ( maybe? ):rolleyes:
    Google did not want to translate translate everything:(

11. maxionline

maxionline Member

I saw that picture before in chinese forums i am 100% sure, that is not an official render

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  12. OnePlus

OnePlus Active Member

Yeah, that's definitely not an official render. You can just tell by the image shown on the screen with those weird statusbar icons. I also doubt the 'Z3' in the ZUK logo would use such a different font.

Anyway, i've decided to give up on waiting for this device since it'd be at least another few months until it surfaces on Chinese sites available for purchase. I can't wait that long and besides, the Z3 would probably be too expensive considering it supposedly comes with the SD835, 8GB RAM and 256GB storage.

My maximum budget is around £250-£300 and there's no possibility of that spec being available so cheap unless there's going to be another variant with 64GB/128GB instead... So for that reason i'm going to place an order for the Axon 7 from AliExpress tomorrow. (Have already added it to my signature here on the forums!) :)