Zukfans.eu affected by Brexit

MarkH-ZUK

Founder of ZUKFans
Staff member
Jun 3, 2016
Hi everyone,

Slight issue coming up soon, due to the fact this domain is registered in the UK it means after March 29th 2019 ALL .eu domains registered to UK residents will be revoked and deleted.

Because I have no one in Europe to pass the domain whois contact data over to it may mean this site will close down as there is no other alternatives to take such as the .com domain (taken years ago by Chinese users).

Thought i'd let people know the situation as it stands. If anyone can help please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

ahoff

Apr 9, 2017
Falun, Sweden
Hi everyone,

Slight issue coming up soon, due to the fact this domain is registered in the UK it means after March 29th 2019 ALL .eu domains registered to UK residents will be revoked and deleted.

Thanks,

Mark
My suggestion is that you move the domain name to a registrar somewere in eu, outside GB. I myself uses loopia.se for all my domains, including .eu domains for DNS service. I beleve you can open an acount as a non swed without problems.

Sent from my ZUK Z2131 via Tapatalk

Mar 12, 2017
Why not registering to another domain, similar but without any constraint ?
These ones are available:
ZukFans.net
ZukFans.org
ZukFans.info

MarkH-ZUK

Founder of ZUKFans
Staff member
Jun 3, 2016
Why not registering to another domain, similar but without any constraint ?
These ones are available:
ZukFans.net
ZukFans.org
ZukFans.info
They are not the same designation in terms of top level domains. Therefore of no use.

nero355

Jan 14, 2017
They are not the same designation in terms of top level domains. Therefore of no use.
What do you mean ?!

Anyway...

Because I really hate this kind of crap (closing forums and with that losing a lot of knowledge about a certain subject!) you can transfer the domain to me if you want and if you can't find anyone else before the 29th of March 2019.

However...

I would like to know the costs and if we can transfer the domain to a hosting company that I prefer here in The Netherlands!

MarkH-ZUK

Founder of ZUKFans
Staff member
Jun 3, 2016
What do you mean ?!

Anyway...

Because I really hate this kind of crap (closing forums and with that losing a lot of knowledge about a certain subject!) you can transfer the domain to me if you want and if you can't find anyone else before the 29th of March 2019.

However...

I would like to know the costs and if we can transfer the domain to a hosting company that I prefer here in The Netherlands!
This "crap" as you put it has a detrimental effect on UK resident .eu domain holders. It isn't a question of my fault, its an issue that our government / people decided to leave the EU (not me personally).

Jan 14, 2017
I know but why immediately talk about closing the forum instead of finding a solution together ?!

And what do you mean about the domains/LTD's not beeing suitable enough or something ??

Anyway... like I said : I can take over the domain if there is no other solution!

MarkH-ZUK

Founder of ZUKFans
Staff member
Jun 3, 2016
I know but why immediately talk about closing the forum instead of finding a solution together ?!

And what do you mean about the domains/LTD's not beeing suitable enough or something ??

Anyway... like I said : I can take over the domain if there is no other solution!
I didnt immediately talk about closing it. Never mind, I am not going to get into an argument over it. I actually said "it may mean this site will close down". Where by if a solution is not found to suitably keep the site running!

As for the TLD thing, I am not going to register and redirect the site to a .net / .org or other top level domain.